Arkansas Highway 125
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||30.14 mi (48.51 km)
Length includes the ferry connection
|South end:||AR 235 near Bruno|
| US 62 / US 412, Pyatt
|North end:||Route 125, Missouri state line|
Highway 125 (AR 125, Ark. 125, and Hwy. 125) is a north–south state highway in Marion County, Arkansas. The route runs 30.14 miles (48.51 km) from Arkansas Highway 235 near Bruno north to the Missouri state line across Bull Shoals Lake on Arkansas' only ferry within the state highway system.
The route begins at Arkansas Highway 235 near Bruno and runs north past the historic Eros School Building to intersect US 62/US 412 in Pyatt. The routes become concurrent until George's Creek, near the George's Creek Cemetery.
Highway 125 winds north through farms and trees until forming a concurrency with Highway 14 near Lakeway. Highway 14 turns west north of Lakeway, with Highway 125 continuing north through Peel. North of Peel, Highway 125 passes the Highway 125 Use Area on Bull Shoals Lake, which features a boat ramp, public marina, playground, and campground. Highway 125 crosses the Lake on the Peel Ferry, a free ferry and the only ferry in the Arkansas state highway system. Now on the west side of the Lake, Highway 125 runs north to the Missouri state line, where it continues as Missouri Route 125.
The Peel Ferry (or Peel's Ferry) is free across Bull Shoals Lake, operating during daylight hours. A ferry has always crossed the water here, prior to the building of Bull Shoals Lake, a wooden craft crossed the White River, giving access to the Missouri side of the water. The boat runs year-round, only halted by dense fog or high wind. Without the ferry, travelers and locals would otherwise need to drive 50 miles (80 km) around the lake to gain access to Missouri.
Two new boats were purchased and dedicated in June 2011.
|0.0||0.0||AR 235||southern terminus|
|Pyatt||8.02||12.91||US 62 / US 412 west|
|US 62 / US 412 concurrency east, 6.2 miles (10.0 km)|
|George's Creek||0.0||0.0||US 62 east / US 412|
|7.36||11.84||AR 14 east|
|AR 14 concurrency north, 3.26 miles (5.25 km)|
|0.0||0.0||AR 14 west|
|Bull Shoals Lake||12.36–
|Arkansas-Missouri state line||14.01||22.55||Route 125||northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "[Arkansas] State Highways 2009 (Database)." April 2010. AHTD: Planning and Research Division. Database. Retrieved June 6, 2011.
- General Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (December 19, 2005 ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Highway 125 Park Bull Shoals (AR) Bull Shoals Lake, AR." Recreation.gov. Park Profile. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- "Dedication Ceremony for the new Peel Ferry tug boats." Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Information Release. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "Peel's Ferry on Highway 125." May 13, 2010. Story. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- State Highway Route and Section Map - Marion County (PDF) (Map) (July 2, 2012 ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved December 31, 2012.