Arkansas Highway 272
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||2.06 mi (3.32 km)|
|East end:||US 71B in Waldron|
|West end:||Waldron Municipal Airport|
|Length:||1.58 mi (2.54 km)|
|West end:||AR 88 in Queen Wilhelmina State Park|
|East end:||US 59 / US 270|
Highway 272 (AR 272, Ark. 272, and Hwy. 272) is a designation for two east–west state highways in the Ouachita Mountains region of western Arkansas. One segment of 2.06 miles (3.32 km) runs west from U.S. Route 71 Business (US 71B) in Waldron to the Waldron Municipal Airport.[a 1] A second route of 1.58 miles (2.54 km) begins at US 71/US 270 at Rich Mountain and runs west to Highway 88 at Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Both routes are owned and maintained by the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD).
Waldron to Waldron Municipal Airport
The highway begins at US 71B (Main St) in Waldron and runs west as Crumptown Rd. The highway has a brief overlap with US 71, called an officially designated exception.[a 2] Following this overlap, the highway breaks west and terminates at the Waldron Municipal Airport.
Queen Wilhelmina State Park to US 59/US 270
The highway begins about 12 miles (19 km) northwest of Mena and is within Polk County for its entire length. The western terminus of the route is at Highway 88 in Queen Wilhelmina State Park, near the summit of Rich Mountain. The eastern terminus is at the concurrency of U.S. Route 270 and U.S. Route 59. The highway gains over 650 feet (200 m) along its course.
|Scott||Waldron||0.00||0.00||US 71B (Main St)||Eastern terminus|
|US 71 – Fort Smith, Y City||Officially designated exception|
|||2.06||3.32||Waldron Municipal Airport||Western terminus|
|Highway 272 begins in at US 71/US 270|
|Polk||||0.00||0.00||AR 88 – Mena, Queen Wilhelmina State Park||Western terminus|
|Rich Mountain||1.58||2.54||US 59 / US 270 – Mena, Heavener, OK||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Arkansas Highway 980, the traditional highway designation for airport roads in Arkansas
- Planning and Research Division (2012). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (MDB). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- General Highway Map, Scott County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. October 9, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- General Highway Map, Polk County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. December 16, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- Route and Section Map, Scott County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- "Minute Order 73-156" (PDF). Minutes of the Meeting. ASHC. March 28, 1973. p. 1122. Retrieved March 31, 2016.