Arkansas Highway 345
|Maintained by ArDOT|
|Existed:||May 28, 1969 – present|
|Length:||3.36 mi (5.41 km)|
|South end:||US 62B in Cotter|
|North end:||US 64 / US 412 in Gassville|
|Length:||0.63 mi (1.01 km)|
|South end:||US 64 / US 412 in Gassville|
|North end:||AR 126 in Gassville|
Highway 345 (AR 345, Ark. 345, and Hwy. 345) is a designation for two north–south state highways in Baxter County, Arkansas. A western segment of the route runs 3.36 miles (5.41 km) between US 62 BUS in Cotter and US 62/US 412 in Gassville. An eastern segment runs 0.63 miles (1.01 km) from US 62 to AR 126 in Gassville.
AR 345 begins at the intersection of US 62 BUS, Combs Avenue, and Cotter Road in Cotter. It first heads south on Cotter Road crossing a railroad at-grade. It runs northeast through the southern part of Cotter paralleling the White River before zig-zaging its way north when it enters Gassville and terminates at US 62/US 412.
The other segment of AR 345 begins at the intersection of Lakeview Drive and US 62/US 412. It heads north for about 0.33 miles (0.53 km) on Lakeview Drive before turning east onto Vine Street and terminating at AR 126.
The short section in Gassville was created to serve an industrial area on May 28, 1969, initially only running due north as Lakeview Drive. The route was extended east from the Mar-Bax shirt factory along Vine Street to Highway 126 on July 28, 1977. The second segment was created on May 23, 1973 pursuant to Act 9 of 1973 by the Arkansas General Assembly. The act directed county judges and legislators to designate up to 12 miles (19 km) of county roads as state highways in each county.
The entire route is in Baxter County.
|Cotter||0.00||0.00||US 62B / Combs Avenue||Southern terminus|
|Gassville||3.36||5.41||US 62 / US 412 (West Main Street) – Cotter, Mountain Home||Northern terminus|
|Gap in route|
|0.00||0.00||US 62 / US 412 (East Main Street)||Southern terminus|
|0.63||1.01||AR 126||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "Minutes" & 1953–69, p. 40.
- State Highway Route and Section Map - Baxter County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. January 11, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Minutes" & 1970–79, p. 517.
- "Minutes" & 1970–79, p. 1161-1162.
- Planning and Research Division, Policy Analysis Section (2010). Development of Highway and Transportation Legislation in Arkansas (PDF). A Review of the Acts Relative to Administering and Financing Highways and Transportation in Arkansas. Little Rock: Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. p. 13. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- Media related to Arkansas Highway 345 at Wikimedia Commons