Arkansas Highway 98
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||47.15 mi (75.88 km)|
|Existed:||1926 – present|
|West end:||US 82|
| US 371 in Waldo
US 79 in McNeil
US 79 in Emerson
|East end:||AR 19 at Walkerville|
Arkansas Highway 98 (AR 98 and Hwy. 98) is an east–west state highway in Columbia County, Arkansas. The 47.15-mile-long (75.88 km) route travels essentially in an incomplete loop with Magonlia at its center. The route begins at U.S. Route 82 (US 82) near Waldo and intersects US 371, US 79, US 82, and US 79 before terminating at AR 19. An officially designated exception over US 371 of 1.12 miles (1.80 km) occurs near the eastern terminus.
AR 98 begins at US 82 west of Waldo. An officially designated exception begins at US 371 (Olive Street) in Waldo, and a concurrency of 1.12 miles (1.80 km). Continuing east past the National Register of Historic Places-listed Waldo Water Tower, AR 98 intersects AR 98B (its only business route) in McNeil. The highway forms a concurrency with US 79 briefly north before turning east then south.
AR 98 continues south through the community of Village before intersecting US 82 in east Columbia County. The route passes near the W. H. Allen House in rural Columbia County and the William H. Smith House in Atlanta. Now turning west the route passes through Emerson where it intersects US 79 and becomes Main Street. The highway continues west to Walkerville, where it ends at AR 19.
The entire route is in Columbia County.
|0.00||0.00||US 82||Western terminus|
|Waldo||2.51||4.04||US 371 north (Olive Street)||Western end of US 371 concurrency|
|3.63||5.84||US 371 south (McKissack Street)||Eastern end of US 371 concurrency|
|McNeil||7.45||11.99||AR 98B north (Mulberry Street)|
|7.95||12.79||US 79 south (South Avenue)|
|US 79 concurrency north, 2.0 miles (3.2 km)|
|Emerson||40.43||65.07||US 79 (Elm Street)|
|Walkerville||47.15||75.88||AR 19||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
McNeil business route
|Length:||0.94 mi (1.51 km)|
|Existed:||May 27, 1970–present|
Highway 98 Business (AR 98B, Ark. 98B, and Hwy. 98B) is a business route in McNeil. It is 0.94 miles (1.51 km) in length. Prior to designation as AR 98B in 1970, the route was designated as US 79 City.
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (Database). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- General Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (Columbia County ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- Route and Section Map (PDF) (Map) (Columbia County ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Minutes of the Meeting" (PDF). Arkansas State Highway Commission. May 27, 1970. p. 1619. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Media related to Arkansas Highway 98 at Wikimedia Commons