Arko Pravo Mukherjee
Arko Pravo Mukherjee
Arko Pravo Mukherjee
|Birth name||Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|Born||19 May 1983|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Genres||Bollywood Music, Bengali Folk, Fusion|
|Occupation(s)||music composer , singer , lyricist|
Arko Pravo Mukherjee (also known as Arko) is an Indian composer-singer and lyricist working in the Bollywood film industry since 2012. Jism 2 was his debut film as a music composer and lyricist.
Arko Pravo Mukherjee was born on 19 May 1983 to Dr. Apurba Kumar Mukherjee and Mahasweta Mukherjee in Kolkata, West Bengal. He attended school at Don Bosco School, Park Circus, Kolkata. Arko graduated with MBBS in 2007 from Burdwan Medical College. He is a Gold Medalist in MBBS. He completed his internship at Calcutta Medical College and then in 2008 he shifted to Mumbai to pursue a career in Bollywood film industry as a music director, singer moviessongwriter.
|2012||Jism 2 ||Abhi Abhi (Male)||KK||Hindi|
|Yeh Jism Hai Toh Kya ||Ali Azmat|
|Abhi Abhi (Duet)||KK, Akriti Kakar, Shreya Ghoshal|
|2014||Yaariyan ||Allah Waariyan||Shafqat Amanat Ali|
|Zor Lagaake Haisha||Vishal Dadlani|
|Hate Story 2||Aaj Phir Tumpe Pyaar Aaya Hai||Arijit Singh, Samira Koppikar|
|Dildara (Reprise)||Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|The Shaukeens ||Meherbani ||Jubin Nautiyal|
|2015||Kuch Kuch Locha Hai||Pani Wala Dance||Ikka Singh, Shraddha Pandit|
|Aao Na||Ankit Tiwari, Shraddha Pandit|
|Bhaag Johnny||Iss Qadar Pyar Hai ||Ankit Tiwari|
|Jazbaa||Kahaaniya ||Nilofer Wani|
|Jaane Tere Shehar||Vipin Aneja|
|2016||Kapoor & Sons ||Saathi Rey||Arko Pravo Mukherjee |
|Rustom||Tere Sang Yaara||Atif Aslam |
|Tere Bin Yaara||Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|Baar Baar Dekho||Dariya|
|Tum Bin II||Dil Nawaziyaan||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Payal Dev||composed by Ankit Tiwari|
|2017||Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana||Rishta||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Ankit Tiwari|
|Dobaara: See Your Evil||Kaari Kaari||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Asees Kaur|
|Sweetiee Weds NRI||O Saathiya||Armaan Malik, Prakriti Kakar, Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|Bareilly Ki Barfi||Nazm Nazm||Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|Nazm Nazm (2nd Version)||Ayushmann Khurrana|
|Nazm Nazm (Female Version)||Sumedha Karmahe|
|Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana||Jogi||Yasser Desai, Aakanksha Sharma|
|Jogi (Male)||Shafqat Amanat Ali|
|Jogi (Female)||Akanksha Sharma|
|2018||Hate Story 4||Boond Boond||Jubin Nautiyal, Neeti Mohan|
|Baaghi 2||O Saathi||Atif Aslam, Payal Dev|
|Lover||What A Ammayi||Sonu Nigam||Telugu|
|Daas Dev||Rangdaari||Arko Pravo Mukherjee & Navraj Hans||Hindi|
|Gold||Naino Ne Bandhi||Yaseer Desai|
|Naino Ne Bandhi (Female)||Akanksha Sharma|
|Bolte Pari Ni||Arko Pravo Mukherjee||Bengali|
|Satyameva Jayate||Tere Jaisa||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Tulsi Kumar||Hindi|
|Jack and Dil||Chuski||Arko Pravo Mukherjee, Sonu Kakkar|
|Tina & Lolo||Tension Wali Raat||Neha Kakkar, Farhad Bhiwandiwala|
|2019||Kesari||Teri Mitti||B Praak|
|The Body Remake||TBA||TBA|
In 2012, Arko debuted as a music composer in Jism 2. He composed 4 songs for it. In 2014, he composed 2 songs for Yaariyan (2014 film) for which he earned a nomination of Filmfare Award for Best Music Director along with Pritam, Mithoon, Yo Yo Honey Singh & Anupam Amod.In the same year, he composed songs for Hate Story 2, Tamanchey & The Shaukeens. In 2015, he composed for Kuch Kuch Locha Hai, Bhaag Johnny, Jazbaa & a single. In 2016, he composed a son for Kapoor & Sons & Baar Baar Dekho. He also composed 2 songs for Rustom (film). He earned another nomination of Filmfare Award for Best Music Director for Kapoor & Sons along with Amaal Mallik, Badshah, Tanishk Bagchi, Benny Dayal & Nucleya.In 2017, he composed for Sweetiee Weds NRI, Dobaara: See Your Evil, Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana, Bareilly Ki Barfi & a single titled 'Aainda'. He received his third nomination of Filmfare Award for Best Music Director for Bareilly Ki Barfi along with Tanishk Bagchi, Samira Koppikar, Vayu & Sameer Uddin. He also earned a nomination of Filmfare Award for Best Lyrics for the same film. In 2018, Arko composed a song for Hate Story 4. He also composed a song for Baaghi 2. He will compose for Gold, Satyamev Jayate.
Arko Pravo Mukherjee rendered his voice as the playback singer for the first time in 'Saathi Re' for Kapoor & Sons following Rustom , Baar Baar Dekho, Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana , Tum Bin II, Sweetiee Weds NRI, Dobaara: See Your Evil, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Daas Dev & a single titled 'Aainda'.
|Release Year||Song Name||Singer||Language|
|2017||Aainda ||Arko Pravo Mukherjee||Hindi|
|Salaam-e-Ishq ||Producer/Remixer - DJ Shilpi Sharma,|
Male vocalist -Arko Pravo Mukherjee
Female vocalist - Jasmine
|Reeva ||Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|2015||Mainu Ishq Da Lagya Rog ||Tulsi Kumar|
|2013||Maa ||Arko Pravo Mukherjee||Bengali|
|2011||Mira (Hindi Album) ||Arko Pravo Mukherjee & Dev(Bishwadeb Bhaumik)||Hindi|
Arko Pravo Mukherjee is planning to record an English album in Los Angeles soon. His song 'Reeva' has become the No.1 Break Out Song for the Billboard Dance Club 50 Charts.As per the 1 April reports, the track entered the Billboard Dance 50 Charts at Number 49.
Awards and Nominations
- Best Debut Music 2012 - Stardust (Jism 2)
- Best Debut Lyrics 2012 - Stardust (Jism 2)
- Best Sufi song 2012 - GIMA
- Best debut Music Director 2013 - GIMA
- Best Lyrics 2013 - GIMA
- Best Music 2014 for Yaariyan - nominated at Filmfare Awards, IIFA awards, Screen Awards etc.
- Arko is the First Indian who was featured on The Billboard Charts List. Arko's Latest English single Reeva was the 45th song on the Billboard Dance Club top 50 Charts.
- Awarded as the Prominent Bengali of the year 2016 - Awarded by Indian Oil Corporation & Ebela Tabloid (ABP Group)
- Best Music Director Award for the song 'Tere Sang Yaara' from the film Rustom (Zee ETC Bollywood Business Awards 2016)
- "'Jism 2' songs are not copied, says composer". IBN Live. 1 August 2012.
- "Arko to compose music for 'Jism 2'". Times of India. 17 April 2012.
- "New Prescription Arko Pravo Mukherjee to compose music for Jism 2". India Today. 28 April 2012.
- "A quick four with Arko Pravo Mukherjee". Deccan Chronicle. 1 December 2014.
- "Arko Pravo Mukherjee sings an EDM number". Indian Express. 7 November 2014.
- "Tips Music signs Arko Pravo Mukherjee for ten songs of their upcoming films". Radio And Music. 10 February 2015.
- "On a high note: Arko Pravo Mukherjee". Indian Express. 13 February 2015.
- "Item songs don't work anymore: Dr Arko Pravo Mukherjee". Times of India. 8 August 2012.
- "Signing A Deal". Box Office India. 7 February 2015.
- "Nothing works beyond Bollywood, says 'Aaj Phir Tum Pe' singer Arko". Hindustan Times. 28 November 2014.
- "2014 Rewind: Bollywood musicians pick their favourite songs of the year". MidDay. 29 December 2014.
- "Music Review: 'Jism 2' has wonderful tracks". IBN Live. 14 July 2012.
- "Bhatt saab has a fantastic sense of music writing: Arko". Times of India. 11 July 2012.
- "MEET DR DO MORE OF MUSIC". Daily Pioneer. 4 October 2015.
- "Rising Arko Pravo sets solid foot in Bollywood". The Asian Age. 9 December 2014. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015.
- "A quick four with Arko Pravo". The Asian Age. 2 December 2014. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015.
- "Melody matters". The Asian Age. 2 November 2015.
- "Made in Calcutta: A DBPC boy has scored the soundtrack. Meet Arko Pravo Mukherjee". The Telegraph. 14 July 2012.
- ""Yeh Jism' is very close to my heart" - Dr.Arko Pravo Mukherjee". Bollywood Hungama. 3 August 2012.
- "I don't mind being part of a multi- composer movie: Arko Pravo Mukherjee". Times of India. 27 December 2013.
- "The Shaukeens : On a Song - What started in the studio ended at a party". Times of India. 23 October 2014.
- "Arko Pravo Mukherjee: 'Meherbani' was completed in a couple of days". Radio And Music. 5 November 2014.
- "WHAT STARTED IN THE STUDIO ENDED AT A PARTY". Mumbai Mirror. 23 October 2014.
- "Arko Pravo Mukherjee composes 'Iss Qadar Pyar Hai' for 'Bhaag Johnny'". Radio And Music. 2 September 2015.
- "Why 'Kahaaniyaan' from 'Jazbaa' will end speculations on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's fitness!". Dna India. 15 September 2015.
- "Composer Arko Mukherjee on turning singer for two Dharma Productions films, Kapoor & Sons and Baar Baar Dekho". Boxoffice India. 12 March 2016.
- "Music Review: 'Kapoor & Sons'". The Times of India. 11 March 2016.
- "Composer Arko Mukherjee raises the pitch with 'Kapoor & Sons'". scroll.in. 10 March 2016.
- "TERE SANG YAARA LYRICS - Rustom | Atif Aslam". 2016-07-06. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "It's not always been my call: Composer Arko Pravo Mukherjee on turning singer only now". dnaindia.com. 9 April 2016.
- "Riteish Deshmukh makes debut in pop world with Arko Pravo Mukherjee's song Aainda. See photos". 10 August 2017.
- "Madalina Bellariu to feature in Arko Pravo Mukherji's pop song 'AAINDA' - Times of India".
- "Launch of single Salaam-E-Ishq by Dj & Actor Shilpi Sharma and Arko - Media Infoline". 20 July 2017.
- "Salaam-e-Ishq - Arko & DJ Shilpi Sharma I Jasmine Sandlas - listen and download music videos from Saregama".
- "Arko's New Song 'Reeva' Features on Billboard Dance Club Chart". news18.com. 3 April 2017.
- "Tulsi Kumar-Arko Pravo Mukherjee collaborate for Khushali Kumar's next". India Blooms. 10 October 2015.
- "A Melodious Mother's Day Tribute From Arko Pravo Mukherjee". koimoi. 12 May 2013.
- "The songwriter duo Arko & Dev is a UFO in the sky of Indipop". Artist Trove. 25 September 2011.
- "Arko Pravo Mukherjee keen to record English album". The Indian Express. 13 March 2016.
- "Most Viewed Business News Articles, Top News Articles". The Economic Times.
- "Arko Is The First Indian On The Billboard Charts List!". festivalsherpa.com. 10 April 2017.
- IANS (3 April 2017). "Indian singer Arko features on Billboard Charts" – via Business Standard.
- "Here's why singer Arko is the man on the Billboard". India Today.
- "Indian singer Arko features on Billboard Charts".