The Sun Inn
|Arlecdon shown within Cumbria|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
It has an historic Grade II listed church, first built in 1829, which contains a stained glass window dedicated to Isaac Fletcher of Frizington. In 1904 the church was remodelled, with the addition of a bell tower and eight bells cast by John Taylor & Son of Loughborough. In 2014 it was announced that the church is to close, and the bells hopefully re-used in another church.
The village also has a 19th-century primary school and an old Sunday school.
- John Adams, 1st Baron Adams OBE, JP, MA (12 October 1890 – 23 August 1960). British politician and public servant. The son of Thomas Adams and Mary Bowness, he was raised to the peerage as Baron Adams on 16 February 1949, the first Cumberland-born man to be so honoured since 1797. He is buried by the foot of the church tower.
- Billy Adams, professional footballer.
- 1. Burns
- 2. Wilson
- 3. Thompson
- 4. Jackson
- 5. Graham
- 6. Smith
- 7. Richardson
- 8. Stewart
- 8. Hodgson
- 10. Martin
- Armstrong, A. M.; Mawer, A.; Stenton, F. M.; Dickens, B. (1950). The place-names of Cumberland. English Place-Name Society, vol.xxi. Part 2. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 335.
- Most Common Surnames in Arlecdon
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arlecdon.|
- Cumbria County History Trust: Arlecdon (nb: provisional research only - see Talk page)
|This Cumbria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|