This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Escarpeta at WonderCon 2014.
Arlen Alexander Escarpeta
April 9, 1981
|Spouse(s)||Benita Nall (m.2011 - 2012)|
Arlen Alexander Escarpeta (born April 9, 1981) is a Belizean-American actor. He is best known for his roles in the films Friday the 13th, Brotherhood, Final Destination 5, Into the Storm (2014), and most notably, his portrayal of Bobby Brown in the 2015 film Whitney.
In 2000, Escarpeta received his first, on-screen role in Greg Morgan's The Playaz Court. In the following years, he appeared in various television programs such as Boston Public, The Shield, Judging Amy and Boomtown. In 2002, Escarpeta appeared in High Crimes. In that same year, he was cast as Sam Walker in the historical drama series American Dreams, which aired on NBC.
Escarpeta then appeared in American Gun. He also appeared television shows ER and Cold Case. The following year, he co-starred with Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Fox in true-life drama We Are Marshall.
In 2007, Escarpeta appeared in David Wain's comedy film, The Ten. He made appearances on Law and Order: SVU and Without a Trace, respectively. In 2009, he starred in Preston Whitmore's Dough Boys. He also starred as a young LAPD officer on patrol during the racial gang war in the drama 818, on which Escarpeta also serves co-producer. He appeared as Lawrence in the 2009 version of Friday the 13th. He followed the film with an additional television appearance on the short-lived medical drama, Mental.
Escarpeta followed Friday the 13th with leading roles in several features, including Brotherhood. Escarpeta had a role in Final Destination 5 as Nathan Sears, and he dubbed the same role in the Latin Spanish dub. It was the fifth film in the horror franchise, and was featured in 3D.
- The Playaz Court (2000) - Reggie
- High Crimes (2002) - Guard #2
- American Gun (2005) - Jay
- The Substance of Things Hoped For (2006) - Patrolman Powers
- We Are Marshall (2006) - Reggie Oliver
- The Ten (2007) - Todd Jaffe
- Dough Boys (2009) - Corey
- Friday the 13th (2009) - Lawrence
- Brotherhood (2010) - Mike
- Midnight Son (2011) - Russell
- Final Destination 5 (2011) - Nathan Sears
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) - (voice)
- Into the Storm (2014) - Daryl
- Whitney (2015) - Bobby Brown
- Wolves at the Door (2016) - Officer
- American Dreams (2002–2005) - Samuel "Sam" Walker
- House (2012) - Private Brant Macklin (Episode: "Blowing the Whistle")
- Grimm (2014) - Clay Pittman (Episode: "The Last Fight"
- The Magicians (2017–2018) - Prince Ess
- The Oath (2018) - Damon Boyd