|Beauty pageant titleholder|
October 25, 1939
Delhi, Louisiana, U.S.
|Other names||Eurlyne Howell|
|Title(s)||Miss Louisiana USA 1958|
|Miss USA 1958 (winner)|
|Spouse||Paul Michael LaCava|
Arlene Howell (born October 25, 1939) was an American television actress who held the title of Miss USA of 1958.
She was born Eurlyne Howell on Turkey Creek, in Delhi, Louisiana, the same town where actor Earl Holliman was born. She has two sisters. Howell graduated from Bossier High School in Bossier City, Louisiana and studied speech and dramatics at Centenary College of Louisiana.
Howell became the first of three Miss Louisiana USA titleholders to win the Miss USA crown, when she won the Miss USA Pageant in Long Beach, California, in July 1958. That same week, she competed in the Miss Universe Pageant and placed as third runner-up.
In 1959, shortly before her 20th birthday, she was cast as secretary Melody Lee Mercer in the ABC/Warner Brothers crime drama Bourbon Street Beat. The series is set in New Orleans, and studio publicity at the time emphasized her Louisiana roots, but the program was produced in Los Angeles. She appeared as Cindy Lou Brown in several episodes of Maverick. She was cast in episodes of 77 Sunset Strip, Bronco, Alcoa Premiere, and played "Flora" in a 1966 episode of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C..
- "Eurlyne Howell". The Monroe News-Star. Louisiana, Monroe. July 24, 1958. p. 2. Retrieved February 3, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Bossier Girl Wins Miss U.S.A. Title". The Monroe News-Star. Louisiana, Monroe. United Press International. July 24, 1958. p. 1.
- Profile, Miss USA official website; accessed August 11, 2015.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7. P. 128.
- Arlene Howell profile, imdb.com; accessed August 11, 2015.
- TV.com (1966-01-28). "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.: Sergeant Carter Dates a Pyle". TV.com. Retrieved 2013-12-11.