Parish Church of St Peter - Church End, Arlesey
Arlesey shown within Bedfordshire
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||Central Bedfordshire|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Bedfordshire and Luton|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
|UK Parliament||North East Bedfordshire|
Arlesey is a small town in Bedfordshire, England, near the border with Hertfordshire, about three miles north-west of Letchworth Garden City, four miles north of Hitchin and six miles south of Biggleswade. Arlesey railway station provides services to London, Stevenage and Peterborough.
Arlesey Old Moat and Glebe Meadows nature reserves are just north of the town.
- Bill Kitchener - former professional footballer - West Ham United F.C., Torquay United F.C.
- Pat Kruse - former professional footballer - Leicester City F.C., Torquay United F.C., Brentford F.C.
Arlesey at war, 1939-1945
Halifax Bomber crash
The aircraft BB364 (NF-R) had left its base at RAF Tempsford on a training mission.
The crew of nine perished in the subsequent crash.
The aircraft FK767 had left its base at RAF Tempsford on a training flight.
- Bedfordshire County Council, Population Estimates and Forecasts, estimate for 2007.
- The entry reads: Alricesei(a)/eie: Bishop of Durham; Bernard from William d'Eu; Herfast; from Nigel d'Aubigny; Wulfsi. 3 mills.
- Plea Rolls of the Court of Common Pleas; National Archives; CP 40 / 677; http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT1/H6/CP40no677/bCP40no677dorses/IMG_1068.htm; first entry
- Plea Rolls of the Court of Common Pleas; National Archvies; CP 40/629, year 1418; http://aalt.law.uh.edu/H5/CP40no629/bCP40no629dorses/IMG_1410.htm; 4th entry, third line
- Arlesey lake Retrieved 22 May 2009[dead link]
- Bedfordshire Aicrew - RAF Tempsford, Roll of Honour (website accessed 15.07.10)
- National Archives (website accessed 15.07.10
- RAF Tempsford aircrew - Roll of Honour (website accessed 15.07.10)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arlesey.|
- Arlesey Town Council Local resources
- War Memorial Details of those soldiers listed
- Arlesey in the Domesday Book
- Hello-Flower Florist and Gift Shop in Arlesey