S&P 600 component
Russell 2000 Index component
|Founded||2014 (as a division of Netgear)|
2018 (as an independent company)
|Revenue||US$357 million (2020)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Arlo Technologies is an American company that makes wireless surveillance cameras. Prior to an initial public offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange in August 2018, Arlo was a brand of such products by Netgear, which retained majority control after the IPO.
According to the company, it has shipped 21.6 million devices, has 5.82 million registered accounts, and has 877 thousand paid accounts, as of January 2022.
On February 6, 2018, Netgear made the announcement that its board of directors had unanimously approved the separation of its Arlo business from Netgear. During the second quarter of 2018, Netgear's Arlo unit became a holding of Arlo Technologies, Inc. Netgear issued less than 20% of the Arlo common stock in the IPO, allowing it to retain majority control.
- "NYSE:ARLO / Arlo Technologies, Inc. - Insider Trading". fintel.io. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Segal, Zach (18 June 2021). "Arlo Pivots to SaaS". IPVM. Retrieved 16 July 2021.(Subscription required.)
- Schubarth, Cromwell (July 30, 2018). "The Funded: Arlo Technologies is next Bay Area IPO, coming Friday". Silicon Valley Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Arlo - Investor Relations". investor.arlo.com. Retrieved January 29, 2022.
- Wollerton, Megan (August 3, 2018). "Netgear spins its Arlo smart home security brand off as a public company". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "NETGEAR Announces Planned Separation of its Arlo Business". Netgear Investor Portal. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- McGrath, Jenny (March 6, 2015). "Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System review". Digital Trends. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Ochs, Susie (January 6, 2018). "Netgear Arlo Baby Review: The Baby Monitor to Beat". Tom's Guide. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Corcoran, P. (January 2016). "Just Another Year in the Consumer Electronics Industry". IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. 5: 3–10. doi:10.1109/MCE.2015.2485318. hdl:10379/5990.
- "Arlo Technologies Form S-1/A". www.sec.gov. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- Business data for Arlo Technologies: