|Born||Arlo James White
2 June 1973
Arlo James White (born 2 June 1973 in Leicester, England) is an English sports presenter and commentator, originally from Leicester. He is the lead play-by-play voice of NBC Sports' live coverage of the Premier League in the United States.
He began broadcasting at the age of 27, after gaining experience covering non-league Football for Radio Derby and also while travelling in Australia.
He commentated on Super Bowl XLII for Radio 5 Live in February 2008.
Test Match Special
White made his Test Match Special debut in Multan for the first Test match between Pakistan and England in 2005. He was presented with his TMS tie by Vic Marks during the first day's play and was reported to be "pleased to survive his commentary spells with Geoffrey Boycott".
He commentated on England's Ashes tour of Australia 2006–07, and in 2007 the Cricket World Cup, the West Indies and India tours of England, as well as the ICC World Twenty20 tournament (including the final).
Major League Soccer
On 11 March 2012, Arlo White became the play-by-play commentator for all MLS and US National Team games on NBC and NBC Sports Network. As part of his duties, he was the main football play-by-play commentator for NBC at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, where he called all of the US Women's national team's games.
When NBC acquired the rights to the Premier League in 2013, White was moved from MLS broadcasts to become NBC Sports' Premier League voice, based out of the United Kingdom. He returned to MLS for a couple of playoff games, but will now do Premier League full-time in 2014 and beyond.
- "Arlo White". Test Match Special (BBC sport). 30 October 2006. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- Romero, José Miguel (9 February 2010). "Clarifying Sounders FC's play-by-play duties, and introducing Arlo White". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- Borg, Simon (30 November 2011). "NBC hires Seattle's Arlo White as voice of soccer". Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- New TMS producer signs on, BBC Sport, 19 July 2007, Retrieved on 19 July 2007
- Gallone, Jill (21 January 2014). "Derby football reporter Arlo White: How American dream became a reality". Retrieved 25 November 2014.