This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Luxembourg, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg|
|Patrick Mathieu (CEO)|
|Products||Thermal, low-temperature and cryogenic industrial insulation materials|
Number of employees
Armacell, the successor company to Armstrong World Industries’ insulation products business was founded in 2000 following a management buyout. Armacell is managed from its regional headquarters in Luxembourg, and is a founder member of the European Industrial Insulation Foundation (EiiF). The company holds 410 active patents pertaining to 60 patent families and protecting 13 product groups and products.
- In 2013, the British investment company Charterhouse Capital Partners became the new financial partner and owner of Armacell.
- In 2014, Armacell took control of Armatech.
- In 2015 Armacell also acquired OneFlex.
- In the same year, Armacell acquired the business of Industrial Thermo Polymers Limited (ITP).
- In 2015, the investment firms Blackstone and KIRKBI A/S bought Armacell.
Armacell is the first manufacturer of flexible technical insulation materials to present environmental product declarations (EPDs) in June 2015. The EPDs are based on an independent life cycle assessment (LCA). Environmental product declarations such as these provide transparent, independent and reproducible analyses of the environmental impacts of construction products, as well as giving detailed information with data and figures. As a ‘sustainability passport’, EPDs form the basis for designing green buildings in accordance with certification schemes such as LEED or BREEAM.
Armacell employs approximately 3,000 people with production facilities worldwide. The majority of these locations are certified in accordance with the international environmental standard ISO 14001.
- Armacell 2016 Annual Report, https://corporate.armacell.com/fileadmin/cms/corporate/shared_images/press-room/media-library/2017/Armacell_Annual_Report_2016.pdf , p. 33