Armageddon: The Album
|Armageddon: An Original Columbia Records Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||June 23, 1998|
Sony Music Soundtrax
|Singles from Armageddon: The Album|
Armageddon: The Album is the original soundtrack album to the 1998 Touchstone Pictures film Armageddon, released by Columbia Records and Hollywood Records on June 23, 1998. The album features several songs recorded specifically for the soundtrack, including "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and "What Kind of Love Are You On", performed by Aerosmith, "Remember Me", performed by Journey, and "Mister Big Time", performed by Jon Bon Jovi. Our Lady Peace's "Starseed" is a remixed version of the original. The album was commercially successful in Japan, and was certified double platinum for 400,000 copies shipped in 1999.
Charts and certifications
|Charts (1998)||Peak position|
|Canadian Albums Chart||1|
|U.S. Top Pop Albums||94|
|U.S. Billboard 200||1|
|Japan (RIAJ)||2× Platinum||400,000|
|United States (RIAA)||4× Platinum||4,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Original Soundtrack: Armageddon". AllMusic.com. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "GOLD ALBUM 他認定作品 1999年7月度" [Gold Albums, and other certified works. July 1999 Edition] (PDF). The Record (Bulletin) (in Japanese). Chūō, Tokyo: Recording Industry Association of Japan. 478: 9. September 10, 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 16, 2014. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Geoff Mayfield (December 25, 1999). 1999 The Year in Music Totally '90s: Diary of a Decade – The listing of Top Pop Albums of the '90s & Hot 100 Singles of the '90s. Billboard. Retrieved October 15, 2010.
- "Japanese album certifications – V.A. – アナと雪の女王 オリジナル・サウンドトラック" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Retrieved May 9, 2014. Select 1999年07月 on the drop-down menu
- "American album certifications – Soundtrack – Armageddon". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved June 4, 2014. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
City of Angels (soundtrack) by Various artists
|Billboard 200 number-one album
July 18–31, 1998
Hello Nasty by Beastie Boys