Vajushi with Litex in 2012
|Date of birth||3 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Shkodër, Albania|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2015–2016||→ Livorno (loan)||22||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:09, 5 October 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 8 June 2014
Vajushi joined local side Vllaznia Shkodër as a child and made his way through the youth teams at the club before making his professional debut in 2009. He quickly established himself in the Vllaznia first team and soon became one of the club's star players, which attracted the interest of several foreign clubs. He completed a move to Bulgarian club Litex Lovech in January 2012 for a reported fee of €100,000.
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Career statistics
- 4 Honours
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Vajushi made his professional debut for Vllaznia Shkodër in the Europa League against Rapid Vienna on 16 July 2009, coming on as a 77th-minute substitute for Fetim Kasapi in the 5-0 loss. He then played in the return fixture a week later in Shkodër where he again came on as a substitute, this time in the 62nd minute for Ansi Nika. He made his league debut in the opening game on 23 August 2009 against Besa Kavajë, replacing Ansi Nika in the 72nd minute in the 2-0 loss.
In UEFA.com's season review of 2010-11, Vajushi was the 'One To Watch' and described as "one of the hottest prospects in Albania" after a successful campaign in which he made 32 league appearances for Vllaznia Shkodër and earned his first full international cap with Albania.
He went on trial at German Bundesliga side 1. FC Köln before the start of the 2011-12 season but Köln did not follow up their interest in the player as they deemed his €300,000 price tag too expensive. He even scored twice in a 7-0 friendly against Vorgebirgsauswahl and was described by manager Stale Solbakken as being "very fast, even mentally" and that he was convinced in his ability.
On 3 January 2012, Vajushi joined Bulgarian A PFG title holders Litex Lovech on a three and a half year contract, for a fee of €100,000. He made his debut in a 3–0 home win over Vidima-Rakovski on 3 March, coming on as a substitute for Galin Ivanov.
On 12 May, Vajushi scored his first goal, netted the fourth for Litex's 5–0 victory over Kaliakra Kavarna. On 23 September 2012, he scored latest goal of the away victory 4-0 over Etar 1924. He scored twice a week later on 29 September 2012 in the 5-0 victory against Slavia Sofia. On 18 November 2012 he scored opening goal in the victory 5-0 over Pirin Gotse Delchev. Vajushi scored on 28 November 2012 against Lokomotiv Sofia, as match finished in an away victory 0-2. On 2 March 2013, he scored two goals in the 0–2 away win over CSKA Sofia and a few days later he voted by journalists as the player of the Bulgarian A Football Group 16th week. On 30 March 2013 Vajushi scored twice in the victory 5-1 over Botev Vratsa. In 2012–13 season, Vajushi played in all 30 league games for Litex and finished the season with 9 goals. On 10 August 2013, Vajushi scored Litex's 1000th A PFG goal in a 5–1 away win over Pirin Gotse Delchev.
Vajushi assisted the opening goal of the 2–4 away victory on 20 October 2013 against a hard opponent such as Ludogorets Razgrad. On 9 November 2013 Vajushi scored twice opening goals in the victory 6-2 against Pirin Gotse Delchev.
Vajushi finished first part of 2013–2014 season with a total of 24 appearances (including 2 in the Bulgarian Cup), 9 goals (were 8 goals scored in the league, positioning than on 10th place in the League's rank of Top scorers and 1 goal scored in Bulgarian Cup), also a total of 9 assists, positioning on second place behind Zdravko Lazarov on League's rank of Top assists. Litex were placed as runners-up in the League table and gained entry in the Championship Group, who played with a total of seven teams. Vajushi started playing second phase of the league on 13 March 2014 in the match against Cherno More Varna finished in a goalless draw, where he came in as a substitute in place of Tom in the 57th minute. He scored first goal in the second phase, on 9 April 2014 against Lokomotiv Plovdiv, match finished in the 3–0 win, where Vajushi also scored the latest goal in the 80th minute. He scored in the 2nd consecutive match on 12 April 2014 against Levski Sofia, match finished in the victory 1–2, were Vajushi scored the first goal in the 23rd minute and then get substituted off for his compatriot Jurgen Gjasula.
Vajushi finished the 2013–2014 season scoring in total 11 goals (including 1 in the Bulgarian Cup) in 33 appearances and Litex ranked 3rd in the league table, gaining entry to play in the UEFA Europa League for the next season.
Litex were shorted to play against the Moldova side Veris Chișinău in the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase - 1st round. In first leg match on 3 July 2014 Vajushi played as a starter and got substituted off in the 80th minute as the match finished in a goalless draw. Then in the second leg a week later, on 11 July 2014 he played the full 90-minutes match, which finished in the 3–0 victory and made Litex advancing in the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase - 2nd round with the same aggregate result as the win. In the Second round, Litex was shorted to play against the Hungary side Diósgyőri. Vajushi played for the entire first leg match, which played on 17 July 2014 and finished as a 0–2 home loss. Vajushi played another full 90-minutes at the second leg on 24 July 2014, which finished in the 1–2 away victory but anyway wasn't enough for Litex as they lost on aggregate 2–3.
He started another season of the A PFG, the 2014–15, with the opening match against CSKA Sofia on 20 July 2014, finished in the 0–1 loss with Vajushi playing the full 90-minutes. He managed to score his first season goal on 27 September 2014 in the Bulgarian Cup's match against Pirin Blagoevgrad finished in the 1–2 victory with Vajushi scoring the opening goal in the 74th minute from the Penalty spot. He scored first league season goal on 24 October 2014 in the 4–2 win over Lokomotiv Sofia. In an away 1–4 victory of Litex over Haskovo on 13 December 2014, Vajushi scored the second goal in the 32nd minute. Vajushi also gave two assist, for the opening goal by Plamen Galabov in the 12th minute, scored after a cross from Vajushi and then for the last 4th goal in the 58th minute by Wilmar Jordán.
On 1 February 2015 Vajushi signed for Italian Serie A team A.C. Chievo Verona becoming the second Albanian player to transfer in Italy during the Winter transfers window, after Andi Lila who moved to Parma.
He made his international debut with the Albania national under-19 football team in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship (Qualifying round) 2010 on 13 November 2009 in the opening match against Italy, finished in the hard 5–0 loss in where Vajushi came in as a substitute in the second-half 59th minute in place of Edon Hasani. Two days later for the match against Republic of Ireland Vajushi played in the starting line up and got substituted off in the 60th minute for Xhulio Pulaj as the match finished in the 2–0 loss. Three days later Albania played the closing match of the Group 1 against San Marino, and Vajushi scored the opening goal of the match 1 minute before the end of the half-time and then the match finished in the 4–1 win. In this way Vajushi finished the Albania U19 campaign playing in all 3 matches and Albania finished in the 3rd place of the Group 1.
Vajushi was called up for the Albania national under-21 football team's closing match of the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification - Group 10 against Azerbaijan on 4 September 2010. He made it his debut for Albania U21 against Azerbaijan by coming on as a substitute in the 63rd minute in place of Ardit Shehaj and the match finished in the 3–2 loss.
For the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification Vajushi played in 7 out 8 matches, all as a starter where he got substituted off in only 1 match, as Albania U21 came last trailing behind Russia, Portugal, Poland and Moldova, with 1 win and 2 draws, 11 goals scored and 18 conceded.
He made his international debut for Albanian national football team on 20 June 2011 in a friendly match against Argentina. Second match came on 14 November 2012 against Cameroon finished in goalless draw, were Vajushi came in as a substitute on 70th minute in place of Armando Sadiku. He played on 6 February 2013 against Georgia, finished in the loss 1–2. He played again as a substitute on 26 March 2013 against Lithuania in a match finished in the victory 4–1.
Vajushi scored his first goal for Albania on 8 June 2014, playing as a starter against San Marino and scoring the second goal in the 32nd minute, also gave an assist for the opening goal scored by Mërgim Mavraj in the 28th minute.
|Vllaznia Shkodër||2009–10||Albanian Superliga||9||0||0||0||2||0||11||0|
|Litex Lovech||2011–12||A Group||11||1||1||0||0||0||12||1|
|Chievo Verona||2014–15||Serie A||0||0||0||0||-||-||0||0|
- As of 8 June 2014
|Albania national team|
|1||8 June 2014||Serravalle Stadium, Serravalle, San Marino||San Marino||0–2||0–3||Friendly match|
- Vajushi: E vërteta për Monakon, klubi po punon fshehtazi Archived 5 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Panorama Sport "Vajushi ka dalë nga akademia e klubit shkodran, ku luajti për tre vjet."
- "Rapid Vienna 5-0 Vllaznia Shkodër". Soccerway. 16 July 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Vllaznia Shkodër 0-3 Rapid Vienna". Soccerway. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Besa Kavajë 2-0 Vllaznia Shkodër". Soccerway. 23 August 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Season review: Albania". UEFA.com. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Vor allem die Gastspieler zaubern in Bornheim" (in German). General Anzeiger. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "FC gewinnt 7:0 gegen Vorgebirgsauswahl" (in German). Koeln.de. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Köln: Vajushi überzeugte Solbakken" (in German). Kicker.de. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Der Fußball-Tag im Ticker" (in German). Spox. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Armando Vajushi lan duart me Vllazninë, firmë për Liteksin" (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 30 December 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Litex part company with coach Dzhambazki". Euro Sport. 3 January 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- Stoyan Georgiev (9 January 2012). "Stoichkov turning to youth at Litex". UEFA.com. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Litex 3–0 Vidima-Rakovski". soccerway.com. 3 March 2012.
- "Litex 5–0 Kaliakra". soccerway.com. 12 May 2012.
- Etar 1924 vs. Lovech - 23 September 2012 - Soccerway
- Lovech vs. Slavia Sofia - 29 September 2012 - Soccerway
- Lovech vs. Pirin Gotse Delchev - 18 November 2012 - Soccerway
- Lokomotiv Sofia vs. Lovech - 28 November 2012 - Soccerway
- Vajushi mes më të mirëve - Sporti Shqiptar Online Sporti Shqiptar
- Lovech vs. Botev Vratsa - 30 March 2013 - Soccerway
- CSKA Sofia vs. Lovech - 2 March 2013 - Soccerway
- "Литекс вече с над 1000 гола в А група, Ваюши и Десподов влязоха в историята". pfclitex.com. 12 August 2013.
- Shënon Gjasula, asist Vajushi - Sporti Shqiptar Online Sporti Shqiptar
- Lovech vs. Pirin Gotse Delchev - 9 November 2013 - Soccerway
- А Група - Сезон 2013-2014
- LIT 0-0 CHE | Litex Lovech - Cherno More | Match Summary Flashscore
- Lovech vs. Lokomotiv Plovdiv - 9 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Levski Sofia vs. Lovech - 12 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Summary - A PFG - Bulgaria - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- "Draws — First & second qualifying rounds". UEFA.com. 23 June 2014.
- UEFA Europa League 2015 - Veris-Litex – UEFA.com
- UEFA Europa League 2015 - Litex-Veris – UEFA.com
- UEFA Europa League 2015 - Litex-Diósgyőr – UEFA.com
- UEFA Europa League 2015 - Diósgyőr-Litex – UEFA.com
- Lovech vs. CSKA Sofia - 20 July 2014 - Soccerway
- OFK Pirin vs. Lovech - 25 September 2014 - Soccerway
- Lovech vs. Lokomotiv Sofia - 24 October 2014 - Soccerway
- Haskovo vs. Lovech - 13 December 2014 - Soccerway
- Vajushi shënon dhe jep dy asiste në fitoren bindëse të Liteksit aSport.al
- Zyrtare: Vajushi kalon te Kievo SUPERLIGA SHQIPTARE
- "Calciomercato Pro Vercelli, ufficiale Vajushi dal Chievo". Tuttosport (in Italian). 20 July 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Italy U19 vs. Albania U19 - 13 November 2009 - Soccerway[permanent dead link]
- Republic of Ireland U19 vs. Albania U19 - 15 November 2009 - Soccerway
- Albania U19 vs. San Marino U19 - 18 November 2009 - Soccerway
- Summary - UEFA U19 Championship - Europe - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- Kombëtarja U-21, Bushati shpall listën anti-Azerbajxhan > Sport: Kombëtaret Yll Pres
- Azerbaijan U21 vs. Albania U21 - 4 September 2010 - Soccerway
- Summary - UEFA U21 Championship - Europe - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- Argentina vs. Albania - 20 June 2011 - Soccerway
- Albania vs. Cameroon - 14 November 2012 - Soccerway
- Albania vs. Georgia (1:2) | National Football Teams
- Albania vs. Lithuania (4:1) | National Football Teams
- San Marino vs. Albania - 8 June 2014 - Soccerway
- Soccerway profile
- Armando Vajushi | National Football Teams
- Armando Vajushi - national football team player EU-Football.info
- "Talenti shkodran Vajushi, "futbollisti i muajit" në Shqipëri". Ikub.al. 27 February 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Armando Vajushi.|