Tamaki et al. 2011
Armatimonadetes was originally described solely on the basis of environmental 16S rRNA gene clone sequences, and was temporarily titled candidate phylum OP10. However, in 2011 a bacterial strain belonging to the phylum was isolated from an aquatic plant in Japan. The species was named Armatimonas rosea and was the first member of its phylum, genus, and species.
Chthonomonas calidirosea, an aerobic, saccharolytic, obligately thermophilic, motile, nonspore-forming bacterium, strain T49(T), was isolated from geothermally heated soil at Hell's Gate, Tikitere, New Zealand.
The currently accepted taxonomy is based on the List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (LPSN) and National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and the phylogeny is based on 16S rRNA-based LTP release 123 by The All-Species Living Tree Project.
- Class Fimbriimonadia Im et al. 2012
- Class Armatimonadia Tamaki et al. 2011
- Class Chthonomonadetes Lee et al. 2011
- Tamaki, Hideyuki; Tanaka, Yasuhiro; Matsuzawa, Hiroaki; Muramatsu, Mizuho; Meng, Xian-Ying; Hanada, Satoshi; Mori, Kazuhiro; Kamagata, Yoichi (2010). "Armatimonas rosea gen. nov., sp. nov., a Gram-negative, aerobic, chemoheterotrophic bacterium of a novel bacterial phylum, Armatimonadetes phyl. nov., formally called the candidate phylum OP10". International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 61 (Pt 6): 1442–7. doi:10.1099/ijs.0.025643-0. PMID 20622056.
- Lee, Kevin C. Y.; Dunfield, Peter F.; Morgan, Xochitl C.; Crowe, Michelle A.; Houghton, Karen M.; Vyssotski, Mikhail; Ryan, Jason L. J.; Lagutin, Kirill; et al. (2010). "Chthonomonas calidirosea gen. nov., sp. nov., an aerobic, pigmented, thermophilic microorganism of a novel bacterial class, Chthonomonadetes classis. nov., of the newly described phylum Armatimonadetes originally designated candidate division OP10". International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 61 (Pt 10): 2482–90. doi:10.1099/ijs.0.027235-0. PMID 21097641.
- J.P. Euzéby. "Armatimonadetes". List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature (LPSN). Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- Sayers; et al. "Armatimonadetes". National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) taxonomy database. Retrieved 2016-03-20.
- All-Species Living Tree Project."16S rRNA-based LTP release 123 (full tree)" (PDF). Silva Comprehensive Ribosomal RNA Database. Retrieved 2014-03-20.