Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Armed Forces Medical College (AFM College)|
|Type||Military Postgraduate College|
|Established||August 18, 1953|
|National University of Medical Sciences|
|Affiliation||Pakistan Army Medical Corps|
|College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, General Medical Council (UK), Pakistan Nursing Council |
|Commandant||Maj Gen Muhammad Aleem|
The Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute, commonly referred to as AFPGMI, is a Postgraduate Medical Institute operated by the Pakistan Armed Forces. Its primary function is to provide graduate level medical education to physicians, surgeons, hospital administrators and nurses of Pakistan Armed Forces. It is headed by a Major General from the Medical Corps of the Pakistan Army.
Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute (AFPGMI) is the oldest post-graduate medical institute of the country. It was established on 18 August 1953 as the Army Medical Corps School at Lahore by integration of Hygiene and Malaria Wings of Pakistan Army Medical Corps.
In 1957, it was relocated to Rawalpindi under plans to establish a medical complex in the city.
The college was renamed as Armed Forces Medical College (AFM College) in September 1960 and finally assumed its current name in 1997.
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology (Hons)
- BSc Cardiac Perfusion (Hons)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- MSc Medical Administration
- MCPS Military Medicine
Doctor of Philosophy Programs
- PhD Pharmacology
- PhD Pathology
AFPGMI also organizes specialized courses for Pakistan Armed Forces Officers as per specific requirements.
College of Nursing
College of Nursing is a constituent institution of AFPGMI that offers medical education and degree programs relating to the field of Nursing.
In 1956, An institute for Basic and Post Basic Nursing Training was established at Combined Military Hospital Lahore as School of Nursing. It was shifted to Armed Forces Medical College (Now AFPGMI) in 1959. To meet the growing need for better qualified and educated nurses, a four year Bachelors in Nursing Degree program was started in 2005. The college of nursing is accredited by the Pakistan Nursing Council and affiliated with National University of Medical Sciences as the degree awarding university.
It offers the following two degree programs: 
- Generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Generic BSN)
- Post Registered Nurse - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post RN BSN)
- National University of Medical Sciences
- Pakistan Army Medical Corps
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- Pakistan Army
- "An overview of the Rehabilitation Medicine in Pakistan Armed Forces: The road covered so far and the journey ahead". military-medicine.com. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "Armed Forces Postgraduate Medical Institute Rawalpindi Courses". Ilm Ki Dunya.
- "Armed Forces Postgraduate Medical Institute, Rawalpindi". Pak Edu Career.
- "National University of Medical Sciences, Constituent Colleges". NUMS.
- "Quaid-i-Azam University, Faculty of Medicine (Affiliated)". QAU.
- "School of Nursing, Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute". Pak Study.
- "College of Nursing, AFPGMI". NUMS.