(Redirected from Armenian Batallions in other armies against Ottoman Empire)
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Armenian battalions refer to military units formed by Armenian volunteer conscripts, mostly fighting against the Ottoman forces:
- 1912-13, Balkan Wars, an auxiliary battle group in Bulgarian Army. (Andranik Ozanian#Balkan Wars)
- 1914-17, World War I, Armenian volunteer units were employed in the Russian Imperial Army
- 1914-17, World War I, Armenian volunteer units were employed in the Egyptian Expeditionary Force of British Army.
- 1916-20, World War I, French Armenian Legion were employed in the French Army. The unit was active in Adana and Arara.
- 1940-45, World War II, Armenian Legion.