Armenian Catholic Eparchy of Alexandria
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Armenian Catholic Eparchy of Alexandria (or Iskanderiya) is a suffragan eparchy (Eastern Catholicdiocese) of the Armenian Catholic Church sui iuris (Armenian Rite in Armenian language), in the Patriarch's own 'ecclesiastical province of Cilicia' (actually based in Beirut, Lebanon), covering Egypt and Sudan.
Established in 1885 as Eparchy (Diocese) of Iskanderiya / Alexandria, on territory separated for the particular church sui iuris from the Latin Catholic Apostolic Vicariate of Egypt.
(all Armenian Rite) (?incomplete?)
- Suffragan Eparchs (Bishops) of Alexandria (Iskanderiya) (of the Armenians)
- Boghos Sabbaghian (1901.08.28 – 1904.08.04), later Patriarch of Cilicia of the Armenians (Lebanon) ([1904.08.04] 1904.11.14 – death 1910)
- Pietro Kojunian (1907.02.26 – retired 1911.03.17); emeritate as Titular Archbishop of Chalcedon of the Armenians (1911.03.17 – 1937.12.13)
- Giovanni Couzian, Patriarchal Clergy Institute of Bzommar (I.C.P.B.) (1911.08.27 – death 1933.05.06)
- Archbishop-Bishop Jacques Nessimian (1933.08.05 – death 1960.07.02), previously Archeparch (Archbishop) of Mardin of the Armenians (Turkey) ([1928.06.29] 1928.07.01 – 1933.08.05)
- Raphaël Bayan (1960.07.02 – retired 1989.03.09), succeeding as former Titular Bishop of Taua (1958.12.12 – 1960.07.02) & Coadjutor Eparch of Alexandria (1958.12.12 – 1960.07.02)
- Boutros Taza Tarmouni (1989.08.21 – 1999.10.07), later Patriarch of Cilicia of the Armenians (Lebanon) ([1999.10.07] 1999.10.13 – 2015.06.25), President of Synod of the Armenian Catholic Church (1999.10.13 – 2015.06.25)
- Kricor-Okosdinos Coussa (2004.01.07 – ...), also Patriarchal Exarch of Jerusalem and Amman of the Armenians (Jordan) (2015.11.25 – ...)