Հայաստանի երկաթուղու թանգարան
|Established||31 June 2009|
|Owner||South Caucasus Railway|
On 31 July 2009, the South Caucasus Railway (SCR) Company, a rail operator in Armenia, owned by Russian Railways, opened the Railway Museum in Yerevan in the building of Yerevan railway station. According to Chief Engineer Sergey Harutyunyan, was timed to coincide with the International Railway Day, celebrated on 2 August 2009.
The history of the Armenian railway is presented in the museum, from 1896 to the present. There are 10 panels in the museum, each of which represents a certain period of railroad history. The exhibition includes copies of historical documents on the construction of railway crossings in Armenia, photographs of old trains, models of old and modern trains, and railroad equipment. Some of the exhibits are gifts from the Russian Railways. Several larger objects are in a garden accessed from the museum. A 1930s locomotive, number 3ա705-46, and a carriage (the latter formerly housing exhibits on the construction of the Caucasus railway system) stand in the adjacent station. During the Soviet era, the museum did not function - only a small exposition was represented in the carriage standing on the tracks.
Museum is open to the public from Monday to Friday (10:00-17:00). The exhibits are labelled in Armenian and Russian.
Building of Yerevan railway station
Entrance to the museum
Models of railroad stations in Armenia
Vardan Zoravar (Vardan — the military leader) armoured train small copy
Model of locomotive
The equipment used at the station
Locomotive 3ա705-46 and coach
- Armenian Railways Museum joining 2015 Museum Night
- Museums of Yerevan at myyerevan.am click Railways Museum
- Состоялось открытие музея железной дороги Армении (in Russian)
- Railroad museum opens in Yerevan
- Музей железной дороги Армении (in Russian)
- "To Gyumri by Train... (Part 1)". Archived from the original on 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "RAILWAY MUSEUM OF ARMENIA". Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- Website (in Russian)