Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sport
|Rector||Vahram B. Arakelyan|
|Students||2320, including foreign students (March 2007)|
Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture and Sport (Armenian: Հայաստանի ֆիզիկական կուլտուրայի և սպորտի պետական ինստիտուտ) is a high-education institute, located in Yerevan, Armenia. It was founded in 1945 and prepares trainers, sports journalists, specialists in kinesiology and adaptive physical training. The graduates are awarded a diploma, which is a state-authorized document asserting the higher education completion for state agencies.
- Adaptive physical culture
- Free-style wrestling
- Graeco-Roman wrestling
- Heavy athletics
- Salvage operations
- Skates and cycle racing
- Sports dances
- Sports journalism
- Sports pedagogical
- Table tennis
- Unarmed self-defence
- Levon Aronian, chess Grandmaster.
- Karen Asrian, chess Grandmaster and Olympic champion.
- Aghvan Chatinyan, mountain climber.
- Aleksandr Kabanov, Russian water polo player and coach.
- Ashot Nadanian, chess International Master, theoretician and coach.
- Vazgen Sargsyan, former Prime Minister of Armenia.
- Gagik Tsarukyan, Armenian businessman, current head of the Armenian Olympic Committee.
- Arsen Yegiazarian, chess Grandmaster and coach.
- American University of Armenia
- Armenian State Pedagogical University
- Eurasia International University
- Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University
- State Engineering University of Armenia
- Yerevan State University
- Yerevan State Linguistic University
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Yerevan State Musical Conservatory
- ASIPC official site (in Armenian)
- Information at Spyur.am
- Armenian State Institute of Physical Culture Education.am