Armenian State Pedagogical University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Խաչատուր Աբովյանի անվան Հայկական պետական մանկավարժական համալսարան
The university building
Armenian State Pedagogical University named after Khachatur Abovian (ASPU) (Armenian: Խաչատուր Աբովյանի անվան Հայկական պետական մանկավարժական համալսարան, ՀՊՄՀ), is a state university and higher education institution based in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Founded in 1922, the university is specialized in pedagogy and the preparation of teaching staff.
As of 2017, the university is home to 10 faculties:
- Faculty of Philology,
- Faculty of History and Law,
- Faculty of Preschool Education,
- Faculty of Biology, Chemistry and Geography,
- Faculty of Education Psychology and Sociology,
- Faculty of Foreign Languages,
- Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics,
- Faculty of Art Education,
- Faculty of Special Education,
- Faculty of Culture.
International Co-operation Unit
The International Co-operation Unit co-ordinates the implementation of strategic objectives of the university; co-operates with foreign higher education institutions and university structural divisions; develops co-operation projects; and monitors their implementation.
The university co-operates with the British Council, TEMPUS national agency, Rossotrudnichestvo (Russia), as well as with projects financed by the European Committee and other donor organizations.
- Movses Gorgisyan, National hero of the Republic of Armenia.
- Zhirayr Ananyan, playwright.
- Hovhannes Galstyan, film director, writer and producer.
- Ara Gevorgyan, musician, composer and producer.
- Stella Grigoryan, artist
- Hasmik Harutyunyan, folk singer.
- Aramais Sahakyan, poet and translator.
- Arthur Sarkissian, artist and painter.
- Davit Gharibyan, model, actor, producer and showman.
- Seyran Shahsuvaryan, Press-Secretary of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia.