This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Խաչատուր Աբովյանի անվան հայկական պետական մանկավարժական համալսարան
Khachatur Abovian Armenian State Pedagogical University (ASPU) (Armenian: Խաչատուր Աբովյանի անվան հայկական պետական մանկավարժական համալսարան, ՀՊՄՀ), is a state university and higher education institution based in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Founded in 1922, the university is specialized in pedagogy and the preparation of teaching staff.
The newly established university had only a pedagogical faculty with preschool, school and extracurricular specialties. Classes started on November 27, in the building of the former Hripsimian gymnasium.
The university has 10 faculties and more than 50 chairs. Since the 2004-2005 academic year, the university has been implementing three-level (bachelor's, master's, postgraduate) education. The study period is 4 years for the bachelor's degree and 2 years for the master's degree. The university has a basic school as well as a high school-college in the center of Yerevan.
The Museum of Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan was founded on May 11, 2004, and is under the administrative subordination of the University Council headed by the Rector. The current exhibition was opened on November 19, 2012, on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of the University. The Museum pays special attention to visitors with special educational needs.
ASPU Trade Union
The ASPU Trade Organization or Trade Union is regulated by the Law on Public Organizations of the Republic of Armenia, the RA Labour Code, the ASPU Statute, the ASPU Trade Organization Charter and collective contracts. The union aims to solve the legal and social issues of the employees.
As of 2017, the university is home to 10 faculties:
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of History and Social Science
- Faculty of Preschool Education
- Faculty of Biology, Chemistry and Geography
- Faculty of Education Psychology and Sociology
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics
- Faculty of Art Education
- Faculty of Special and Inclusive Education
- Faculty of Culture
- Chair of Pedagogy
- Chair of Sports and Chess
- Chair of First Aid, Emergency and Civil Protection
- Chair of Economics and Management
- Chair of Philosophy and Logic named after Academician Georg Brutian
- Chair of Ecology and Sustainable Development
- Preschool Pedagogy and Methodology
- Social Pedagogy
- Elementary Pedagogy and Methodology
- Oligophrenic pedagogy
- Logopaedics [Speech Therapy]
- Armenian Language and Literature
- Technologies and Entrepreneurships
- Fine Arts
- Musical Education
- English Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Social Studies
- Artistic Photography
- Camera Operation
- Clothing Design
- Decorative and Applied Arts
- Instrumental Performance
- Theory, History and Management of Arts
- Museology and Protection of Historical Monuments
- Library and Information Resources
- Environmental Studies
- Management (by industry)
- Social Work
International Co-operation Unit
The International Co-operation Unit co-ordinates the implementation of strategic objectives of the university; co-operates with foreign higher education institutions and university structural divisions; develops co-operation projects; and monitors their implementation.
The university co-operates with the British Council, TEMPUS national agency, Rossotrudnichestvo (Russia), as well as with projects financed by the European Committee and other donor organizations.
- Movses Gorgisyan, National hero of the Republic of Armenia.
- Zhirayr Ananyan, playwright.
- Hovhannes Galstyan, film director, writer and producer.
- Ara Gevorgyan, musician, composer and producer.
- Stella Grigoryan, artist.
- Hasmik Harutyunyan, folk singer.
- Aramais Sahakyan, poet and translator.
- Arthur Sarkissian, artist and painter.
- Davit Gharibyan, model, actor, producer and showman.
- Seyran Shahsuvaryan, Press-Secretary of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia.
- Taguhi Tovmasyan, politician.
- Arpine Mikaeli Ter-Petrosyan, (artistic name Arpi Alto), singer, songwriter, musician and record producer.
- Ada Gabrielyan - archaic art
- "Home". aspu.am. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- SRBUHI GEVORGYAN CHANCELLOR OF KHACHATUR ABOVYAN ARMENIAN STATE PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY, CHAIR OF ACADEMIC COUNCIL, DOCTOR OF PSYCHOLOGY, PROFESSOR
- "ՀՊՄՀ". Հարությունյան Քնար 3.1 կուրս (in Russian). 2019-10-29. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Դպրոցի պրոֆիլը". www.imdproc.am (in Armenian). Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Հենակետային (ավագ դպրոցի) գործունեությունը". aspu.am. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Museum". aspu.am. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Trade Union". aspu.am. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "About us". aspu.am. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "INTERDEP". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2022-08-07.