Bryant with the Cleveland Browns in 2015
May 20, 1990 |
Wichita Falls, Texas
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Wichita Falls (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 217|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Armonty Charles Bryant (born May 20, 1990) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at East Central.
On October 4, 2016, Bryant was claimed off waivers by the Lions. Bryant had to serve another three-game suspension for violating the league's policy on substances of abuse. He was activated on December 3, prior to Week 13. He was placed on injured reserve on December 6 with a knee injury.
On March 21, 2017, Bryant re-signed with the Lions. He was suspended once again for the first four games of the 2017 NFL season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. On October 9, 2017, after being re-instated from suspension, Bryant was released by the Lions.
In October 2012, Bryant pleaded no contest following an arrest for selling marijuana twice in a parking lot at East Central University, receiving probation from October 18, 2012 to October 18, 2017. In May 2013, he was given a one-year deferred sentence after he pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol. Bryant was indicted on two felony drug possession charges in February 2016 after being arrested following a traffic stop on December 25, 2015 for speeding. During a search of the vehicle, Ohio Highway Patrol officers discovered two pills of Oxycodone and one Adderall.
- "Cleveland Browns pick DE Armonty Bryant in the 7th round NFL Draft 2013". cleveland.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- McManamon, Pat (March 4, 2016). "Browns LB Armonty Bryant suspended 4 games for PEDs". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "Browns release LB Armonty Bryant". ClevelandBrowns.com. October 1, 2016.
- "Lions awarded DE Armonty Bryant via waivers". DetroitLions.com.
- Bergman, Jeremy (November 1, 2016). "Lions' Armonty Bryant suspended three games". NFL.com.
- "Lions sign WR TJ Jones to active roster and activate DE Armonty Bryant". DetroitLions.com. December 3, 2016.
- "Lions sign RB Joique Bell and CB Asa Jackson". DetroitLions.com. December 4, 2016.
- "Lions re-sign DE Armonty Bryant". DetroitLions.com. March 21, 2017.
- "Detroit Lions' Armonty Bryant suspended four games". NFL.com. July 18, 2017.
- "Detroit Lions release DE Armonty Bryant". PrideOfDetroit.com. October 9, 2017.
- Humphrey, Sara (October 28, 2012). "ECU football player pleads no contest to drug charge". KXII News 12.
- Wesseling, Chris (May 6, 2013). "Browns' Armonty Bryant arrested, charged with DUI". NFL.com.
- McManamon, Pat (February 10, 2016). "Browns DE Bryant indicted on felony drug charges". ESPN.com.