|Publication date||May 2007-Feb 2008
Aug 2008-Jan 2009
|The Hot Zone Club||ISBN 1-4012-1474-6|
|Generation Pwned||ISBN 1401218326|
Army@Love is an American comic book series from DC Comics' Vertigo imprint, which started in May 2007. It is drawn and scripted by Rick Veitch, with Gary Erskine on inking duties. Issue #12 published in February 2008 was the "season finale". A second series of 6 issues, titled Army@Love: The Art of War began monthly publication in August 2008.
As is often the case with Vertigo Comics, the title is designed to evoke memories of a long-running defunct DC title, in this case, Our Army at War, which, subsequent to its retitling to Sgt. Rock in 1977, was followed by a one-shot titled simply Army at War in 1978.
The unit includes both men and women, a great deal of the action following the amorous adventures of various members. The contrast between the surreal combat in Afbaghistan and the comfortable lives of the rear echelon and the people the Guardsmen have left behind is also a recurring theme.
The series is being collected as trade paperbacks:
- The Hot Zone Club (tpb, collects #1–5, 128 pages, October 2007, ISBN 1-4012-1474-6)
- Generation Pwned (tpb, collects #6–12, 168 pages, July 2008, ISBN 1-4012-1832-6)
- Make Love AND War, an article on Rick Veitch's Love@War, by Karen Green, a Columbia University librarian, writing for comiXology
- CCI, Day 2: Rick Veitch is a One-Man "Army@Love", Comic Book Resources, July 21, 2006
- Reviews of issue #1, Comics Bulletin
- Review of The Hot Zone Club, Comics Bulletin
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|