Army Group South Ukraine
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Army Group South Ukraine|
|Active||05 April - 23 September 1944|
508,946 (Spring 1944)
Army Group South Ukraine was created on 5 April 1944 by renaming Army Group A. This army group saw action during the Jassy-Kishinev Operation and after taking heavy casualties was redesignated Army Group South (Heeresgruppe Süd) on 23 September 1944.
Order of Battle, June 1944
- Sixth Army - General der Artillerie Maximilian Fretter-Pico
- Eighth Army - General der Infanterie Otto Wohler
- Romanian Third Army
- Romanian Fourth Army
- General Field Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) Ferdinand Schörner - 31 March 1944 to 25 July 1944
- Colonel General (Generaloberst) Johannes Frießner - 25 July 1944 to 23 September 1944
- Ziemke, Earl F. (2002). Stalingrad to Berlin: The German Defeat in the East. Washington, D.C: Center of Military History, US Army. ISBN 9781780392875.
|This article about a specific German military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|