Army Public Schools & Colleges System
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Army Public Schools & Colleges System|
|Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, Northern Areas|
|School type||Army School; Semi-private, preparatory|
|Motto||"I shall rise and shine!"|
|School board||FBISE, CIE and Edexcel.|
|Years offered||3-4 to 18-19|
|Gender||Mixed with separate sections for males and females in most schools.|
|Number of students||200,000 plus|
|Average class size||40|
|Education system||SSC, HSSC and GCE|
|Classes offered||O and AS/A level, Matriculation, Intermediate|
|Medium of language||English|
About 6 hours (7.20 am to 1.50 pm) in Summerand (7.50 am to 2.20 pm) in Winter
Army Public Schools & Colleges System (or APSACS) is an educational institution with branches located in the five provinces of Pakistan. There are a total of 159 branches in the whole country. They are sub-divided into 11 regions.
- Lahore region: 13 schools
- Bahawalpur region: 7 schools
- Mangla region: 6 schools
- Karachi region: 18 schools
- Rawalpindi I region:28 schools
- Rawalpindi II (AAD Command) region:20 schools
- Rawalpindi III (Hamza Camp) region:12 schools
- Peshawar region: 25 schools – Army Public School Peshawar
- Quetta region: 10 schools
- Gujranwala region: 14 schools
- Multan region: 6 schools
- Azra Yasmin
- master trainer, research scholar and award holder, who has served over 25 years as principal and regional coordinater. presently is heading cherat APS.she fought bravely against the odds against the terrorist attack on APS peshawar
- M. Sajid Mansoor
Teacher Trainer, Research scholar and Prime Minister Award Holder, served as Principal in Army Public College PMA Kakul Abbottabad from 2007-2009 and then as Principal in Army Public College Chinar Campus Murree from 2009-2012. He earned outstanding repute and won the award of the Best Principal 4 times.
- Saeed Rashid
- the writer, teacher and historian was the principal of Army Public School Jhelum and Mangla Cantt from 1990 to 1994.
- Tahira Qazi
- principal of APS&C for Boys Peshawar from 2006-2014, and associated with APSACS since 1994, she was martyred along with 140+ others by the Taliban while rescuing her school children, in the Peshawar School Attack, 2014 on 16 December.
- Umera Ahmad
- Teacher at Aps sialkot, known for her several critically acclaimed work, including Pir-e-Kamil, Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan, Shehr-e-Zaat, Zindagi Gulzar Hai.
- Ashfaq Ahmad, who served as Principal in APS Hangu, Akora Khattak and Shinkiari from 2005 to 2014.
- ".:APSACS Secretariat:." www.apsacssectt.edu.pk. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- "APSACS Secretariat".
- "APSACS Malir Cantt Karachi".
- "APSACS Gujranwala Cantt".
- "APS&C Hyderabad Cantt".