Army Welfare Education Society
The logo of the society
|Motto||Truth is God|
|Formation||April 29, 1983|
|Type||Private Organisation under Society ACT (non-profit)|
|Purpose||To promote education for the wards of army personnel.|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|All over India|
|Maj Gen Sunil Chander,VSM,(Retd)|
|Col Satish Chander (Retd)|
|Affiliations||Central Board of Secondary Education|
Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) manages and ensures proper education facilities to children of Indian Army personnel through Local Military Authorities. Established in 1983, the society has its office at Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantonment and over the years has opened over 137 Army Public Schools and 249 Army Pre Primary Schools across India. It has 11 professional institutions of higher education. A list of colleges and schools including Army Public Schoolls all across the nation in many cities, colleges pertaining to engineering, medicals, dental, management, law etc.
Institutions of AWES
- Army Institute Of Management & Technology (A.I.M.T), Greater Noida, established 2004
- Army Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- Army College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Indian Army Public Schools
- Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Army Institute of Fashion Design, Bangalore
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali
- Aboutus Archived March 24, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Army wards to fight boardroom battles". The Times of India. Aug 31, 2004. Retrieved Feb 28, 2013.
- "Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management institute". Sify. May 2, 2011. Retrieved Feb 28, 2013.
|This military article about the Indian Armed Forces is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|