|Date of birth||12 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Paris (loan)||33||(1)|
|2012–2013||→ Mouscron-Péruwelz (loan)||13||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:38, 30 May 2017 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 June 2012
Arnaud Souquet (born 12 February 1992) is a French footballer who currently plays for Belgian club K.A.A. Gent. He primarily plays in the midfield position, but can also be utitilized as defender. Souquet is a France youth international having earned caps with both the under-16s and the under-17 team, whom he played with at the 2009 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship.
Souquet was born in Paris and began his career playing for CO Vincennois, the same club that produced the likes of Blaise Matuidi and Yacine Brahimi. While attending the Vincennes-based club, Souquet had the opportunity to join both the famous Clairefontaine academy and the Parisian giants Paris Saint-Germain. However, he declined the chance and after his father met with then-president Alain Cayzac of the latter, he declined that chance, as well.
Souquet joined Lille in 2007 as a youth player after the club spotted him while playing with Vincennes. After excelling in the club's youth system and internationally, for the 2008–09 season, he was promoted to the club's Championnat de France amateur team, despite being only 16 years old at the time. He made his debut with the reserves in their 1–5 defeat to AS Nancy reserves on 14 September 2008. Over the course of the season, he made 12 appearances, which included nine starts. Following the season, on 17 July 2009, Souquet signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal.
After starting the season with the club's Championnat de France amateur team, on 30 September 2009, due to injuries to midfielders Florent Balmont and Ludovic Obraniak, manager Rudi Garcia announced that Souquet would be included in the team for the club's match against Czech club Slavia Prague in the UEFA Europa League. Souquet was assigned the number 35 shirt and made his professional debut, as a starter, playing the entire 90 minutes. In the match, which Lille won 5–1, Souquet scored his first professional goal in the 88th minute and also assisted on a goal scored by Pierre-Alain Frau. On 17 October, he made his league debut starting in the club's match against Rennes. The match ended 0–0 with Souquet only playing the first half.
Souquet has played with both the under-16s and the under-17 team. He was a regular in the under-17s during the run up to the 2009 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. During the qualification process, he scored goals against Scotland and Denmark. The 1–0 victory over Denmark assured progression to the tournament, where France were eliminated in the group stages. In total with the under-17s, Souquet made 15 appearances and scored two goals.
- Arnaud Souquet se révèle à Prague et s'installe dans le groupe lillois. Lavoixdessports.com (15 September 2011). Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- À la découverte d'Arnaud Souquet. Myfoot.fr. Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- Nancy Reserves – Lille Reserves Match Report. Foot-national.com (14 September 2008). Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- Premier contrat professionnel pour Arnaud Souquet. Espoirsdufootball.com (28 July 2011). Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- La chance de Souquet Archived 1 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- SK Slavia Praha 1 – 5 LOSC Lille Métropole. Uefa.com. Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- Lille run riot in Prague[permanent dead link]. Ligue1.com. Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- Lille v. Rennes Match Report Archived 21 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.. Lfp.fr. Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- "Accord de principe pour Souquet" [Agreement for the signing of Souquet]. OGC Nice (in French). 25 July 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Transfert : Arnaud Souquet signe à Nice" [Transfer: Arnaud Souquet signed for Nice]. L'Equipe (in French). 25 July 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Arnaud Souquet (Nice) à La Gantoise, c'est fait". L'Équipe (in French). 31 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.