Roth at a Play! A Video Game Symphony event in 2007
|Born||April 28, 1953|
Arnold Roth (born April 28, 1953) is an American conductor, composer, and record producer. His work includes conducting concerts for video game music. He is also a classically trained violinist and a member of the Grammy Award-winning music group Mannheim Steamroller. Roth is also the principal conductor and music director of the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra, Play! A Video Game Symphony, and several Final Fantasy concerts. He won the Best Score Award at the 2003 DVD Premier Awards for his soundtrack to the film Barbie as Rapunzel and was nominated for an Emmy Award in 2007 for his original song "Shine" from Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses. Roth graduated from Bienen School of Music, an undergraduate and graduate institution of Northwestern University in 1975. He has a son and a daughter who are both also involved in music; his son, Eric Roth (born 1977), is also a famed conductor.
- Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001)
- Barbie as Rapunzel (2002)
- Barbie of Swan Lake(2003)
- Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (2004)
- Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (2005)
- Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses (2006)
- Barbie as the Island Princess (2007)
- Barbie and the Diamond Castle (2008)
- "Arnie Roth Biography". AWR Music. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- "Notable alumni". Official website of Northwestern University. Archived from the original on 2010-06-07. Retrieved 2009-07-11.
- squaresoundcom (2008-10-15). "Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth - Live Interview (Part II of II)". YouTube. Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- Clark, Boodie Christian. "The Irish Tenors – At the Great Auditorium Ocean Grove Revisited". Anthony Kearns official website. Retrieved 2009-08-31.[dead link]
- "Bio". Eric Roth Music. Archived from the original on 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
|This article on an American conductor or bandleader is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a United States composer born in the 20th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|