|Governor of South Tyrol|
9 January 2014
|Preceded by||Luis Durnwalder|
Kompatscher was born in Völs am Schlern, South Tyrol. After compulsory military service in the Italian Army Alpini corps, he studied jurisprudence at the University of Innsbruck and the University of Padua. In 2000 he was elected deputy-mayor of his home town and in 2005 he was elected mayor. In 2010 he was once more elected mayor.
In spring 2013 he won the South Tyrolean People's Party (SVP) primary election, becoming the lead candidate for the 2013 provincial elections. The provincial elections on October 27, 2013, were won by the SVP which received 131,236 votes (45.7 %). Kompatscher received the most preference votes of all candidates elected to the provincial legislature, namely 81,107 from the SVP voters.
- ARNO KOMPATSCHER NUOVO PRESIDENTE DELLA REGIONE TRENTINO-ALTO ADIGE/SÜDTIROL, regione.taa.it.
- "Stravince Arno Kompatscher Pichler Rolle sconfitto 2 volte" (in Italian). Alto Adige. April 22, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Risultati elettorali Provincia nel suo complesso - Elezioni provinciali 2013 – Provincia autonoma di Bolzano" (in Italian). Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Preferenze Provincia nel suo complesso - Elezioni provinciali 2013 – Provincia autonoma di Bolzano" (in Italian). Retrieved October 28, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Personal website (in German)
|This article about an Italian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|