Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table. Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.
Arnold Ehret (29 July 1866 – 10 October 1922) was a German health educator and author of several books on diet, detoxification, fruitarianism, fasting, food combining, health, longevity, naturopathy, physical culture and vitalism.
- 1 Background
- 2 Views on disease
- 3 Fasting
- 4 Scientific claims
- 5 Religious views
- 6 Diet system
- 7 Criticism
- 8 Influences
- 9 Later interest
- 10 Published works
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Ehret was a founder of vitalism in dietetics, and pioneer of Ehretism. He claimed to have discovered that the human body is an "air-gas engine" that is powered exclusively by oxygen and that a diet consisting of fruits, starchless vegetables and edible green leaves ("herbs"), which he dubbed 'mucusless' foods, is the optimum food for human consumption. Ehret maintained human health was determined by the state of the milieu interior, a term and principle espoused earlier by Louis Pasteur. He attempted to demonstrate that mucusless foods were the key to peak health and produced a treatise entitled The Mucusless Diet Healing System.
Ehret was born in 1866, in St. Georgen (Black Forest), Schwarzwald, Baden, near Freiburg, southern Germany. His parents were veterinarians and his grandparents were doctors His father was a farmer who crafted all of his own farming equipment. Both his father and brother died of tuberculosis and his mother suffered from nephritis. Ehret's interests were physics, chemistry, drawing and painting. He also had an affinity for linguistics and could speak German, French, Italian, and English.
In 1887, aged 21, he graduated as a Professor of Design from a college in Baden, and was drafted into the military only to be discharged after 9 months of service, because of heart disease. After studying in Frankfurt, he then taught there at a technical school for 15 years. At 31, he was diagnosed with Bright's disease (inflammation of the kidneys) by Dr Gustav Riedlin, and pronounced incurable by 24 of Europe's most respected doctors. He visited several sanitariums in Europe to learn holistic methods and philosophies including the Sebastian Kneipp sanitarium.
In 1899, he traveled to Berlin to study vegetarianism, and where he visited 20 vegetarian restaurants, and the Lebensreform co-operative at 'Eden', a vegetarian fruit colony in Oranienburg. He took a course at a university of medicine, physiology and chemistry, and explored natural healing, and later, courses in naturopathy, physical culture, anti-medicine, magnetic healing, mental healing, Christian Science and reform movements. Still without health, he went to Nice, in France, where he adopted a fruit and milk diet, with mixed results, as he was still unsure about fasting which he had heard about but was unfamiliar with.
After returning to Germany, he reverted to "good eating". The next winter, he took a trip to Algiers in northern Africa with a French bicyclist, called Peter  where he experimented with fasting and a fruit diet. In a desperate attempt to end his health problems, Ehret decided to stop eating, and was surprised to find that he did not starve, but gained in strength and vitality. Due to his new lifestyle, Ehret claimed to have cured himself of his diseases and to be able to perform feats of physiological strength, including a 1000 mile bicycle trip from Algiers to Tunis which he undertook with the trained athlete in under 14 days. Returning to Germany, his sister discouraged him from continuing with fasting. In 1909, Ehret wrote his article denouncing the "Metabolic Theory".
On a separate journey through southern France to northern Italy where he walked continuously for 56 hours, he eventually reached the island of Capri (which Anita Bauer, Ehret's stated secretary, later claimed Ehret regarded as "the isle of the blessed"), with a follower born in 1881 called "Mr B." which some Ehretists believe was Paul Bragg. They then took a boat to Egypt, traveling on to Palestine, Turkey, Rumania, Hungary and Austria, to practice his system. He also allegedly travelled to Persia and India.
Arrival in America
On 27 June 1914, just before World War I, Ehret departed from Bremen for the United States to see the Panama–California Exposition and sample the fruits of the continent. On 6 July 1914, he disembarked from the transatlantic George Washington on Ellis Island. He then travelled to California, which was of special interest to him, since it was undergoing a horticultural renaissance due to botanists like Luther Burbank, who later paid tribute to Ehret. At the time, the University of California, owned the world's largest collection of rare fruits. The war prevented him returning to Germany so he settled in Mount Washington, where he prepared his manuscripts and diplomas in his cultivated eating gardens.
Benedict Lust distributed the books of Ehret, Kneipp, Kuhne, Just, and Engelhardt in the United States including "Kranke Menschen" which was a best-seller. Ehret worked at Lust's Yungborn Sanitarium for 5 years. Dr. Carl Schultz, a pioneer of naturopathy in California, owned two sanatoriums and teaching institutes. Ehret continued the trend by opening a sanatarium in Alhambra, California, before embarking on a lecture tour. His course on The Mucusless Diet Healing System, became a book of 25 lessons for his students, and later, his most important book. Ehret also developed and marketed the Innerclean Herbal Laxative.
Just two weeks after he completed The Mucusless Diet Healing System, on October 9, 1922, he finished a series of four lectures on Health Thru Fasting and the grape cure, at the Assembly Room of the Angeles Hotel on 5th and Spring Street, where "at least a hundred persons were unable to secure seats". After leaving the building, between 11:00 pm and 11:30 pm, Ehret, aged 56, fell, sustaining a fatal blow to his skull. According to Ehret's business partner and publisher, Fred S. Hirsch D.N.S., he was walking briskly on a wet, oil-soaked street during foggy conditions when he slipped on the curb and fell backward onto his head. Hirsch did not actually witness the fall but found Ehret lying on the street.
Some Ehretists have doubts about the official cause of Ehret's death, including his 1920s German publisher Carl Kuhn who questioned whether Ehret's fall was an accident. Ehret's powerful healing successes along with his influential and radical new lifestyle challenged the medical and agricultural industries, and his writings on religion and family were regarded as contentious. In the decades following Ehret's death, Fred Hirsch had many legal battles with the medical authorities, over the word 'mucus', and the Innerclean laxative.
In "What Really Happened To Arnold Ehret?", Sylvia Saltman recorded October 21, 1927 as the date of Ehret's death. Saltman claimed Hirsch's wife Lucile, had recounted to her that a mystery lady, possibly Anita Bauer, the stated author of the biography about Ehret called The Story Of My Life, accompanied Ehret and Hirsch, that evening. Saltman concluded that Ehret had slipped in his new shoes on spilled car-oil in the street on the foggy night. In slight contrast, Benedict Lust, who was Ehret's American publisher prior to Fred Hirsch, maintained that Ehret was "hastily making his way to the railroad station to board the train for his home in the Los Angeles suburbs." and wearing a pair of new dress shoes which caused him to slip as a result of his unfamiliarity with the footwear.
Another theory was that Ehret was in fact with Los Angeles medical doctor John Dequer that night but suffered heart problems due to coffee drinking. However, Ehret denounced coffee, as well as alcohol and tobacco, as "poisons" in his writings, even though in his visit to Egypt, he said people who smoked and drank coffee heavily, yet ate a light vegetarian diet, were not suffering the illnesses of western Europeans.
The day after, Hirsch ordered a medical report, conducted by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, which confirmed a basal fracture of the skull as the cause of death, and Ehret was cremated at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, Los Angeles, his ashes preserved in a bronze acorn on Coleus Terrace. The death certificate was archived in the Hall of Records at the Los Angeles County Recorder's Office.
For 65 years, Fred and Lucille Hirsch published Ehret's literature and the torch symbol found on Ehret's books became the logo of the Ehret Health Club. In 1979, the Ehret Literature Publishing Company Inc, in New York, inherited Ehret's publications and archive of unpublished German manuscripts on nature cure, natural diet, physiology, history, philosophy, religion, metaphysics, spirituality and Nietzsche including The Ascona Lectures and About The Healthy Human. A 5 stanza poem entitled "Ehretism", also in the archive, has appeared at the Breathairean Ensemble website.  A photograph of Fred Hirsch with Albert Einstein also appears in the archive.
In 2002, Dr Ludwig Max Fischer, Professor of German at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon, and a follower of Ehret's teachings, translated Ehret's Kranke Menschen from old German into English. The new book featured new photos of Ehret, Ehret's birth certificate, his death certificate and the advertisement in the Los Angeles Times of 8 October, advertising the final 'free lecture'.
Views on disease
Ehret claimed that pus- and mucus-forming foods were the cause of human disease, "schleimlose" (slime-free) foods were the key to human health and "fasting (simply eating less) is Nature's omnipotent method of cleansing the body from the effects of wrong and too much eating." The term mucus, a glyco-protein acid, derives from the Greek "myxa". In 1812, William Cullen referred to mucus as 'butyraceous matter' and in 1877, Gustav Schlickeysen referred to a mucus layer beneath the human skin in Obst Und Brod. It was later termed 'mucin' by Dr. Teofilo De La Torre in the 1950s, 'mucous' by Morris Krok in the 1960s, 'impacted fecal matter' by Norman Walker in the 1970s  'mucoid matter' by Robert Gray in the 1980s, and 'mucoid plaque' in the 1990s. In the 2000s, Daniel Reid re-introduced the term 'mucus'. Gray made a further distinction between healthy and unhealthy mucus, and how certain substances left an internal residue which the body suspended in mucus, in contrast with a fruitarian diet.
In 1907, Ehret who was based in Freiburg, visited Monte Verità, a nature life colony in Ascona, near Lake Maggiore, whose visitors included Lenin and Trotsky. After collaborating with Henri Oedenkoven who owned a sanitarium at Monte Verità, Ehret opened a sanitarium in Ascona, Switzerland and another 'Fruit and Fasting Sanitarium', in nearby Lugano (Massagno), treating thousands of patients considered incurable, writing one of his books in Locarno. Around 1909, Ehret engaged in a series of public lectures and fasts monitored by German and Swiss officials.
Within 14 months, Ehret fasted for 126 days without food. He had completed a fast of 21 days, one of 24 days, one of 32 days, and one of 49 days which he commenced on 26 June 1909 at Kastan's Panoptikum (waxworks), in Cologne under the watch of a notary from the Royal Court. In 1909, he fasted, in total, for 105 days. In 1910, he wrote an article for a German vegetarian magazine about his 49-day fasting experience, which gained the public's interest, and which later appeared in his book Lebensfragen (Life Questions).
Having denounced the nitrogenous-albumin metabolic theory in 1909, Ehret learned of a contemporary, Thomas Powell M.D., in 1912, who concurred with his belief that "grape sugar" (simple sugars in fruits and vegetables) was the optimum fuel source, body building material and agent of vitality, for humans, not protein rich foods. Powell had set out his beliefs in the book "Fundamentals and Requirements of Health and Disease", published in 1909. Ehret claimed alkaline foods, which were also mucusless, formed the natural diet of humans. His findings about food values and pH values, were supported by chemist, Julius Hensel, and Swedish chemist, Ragnar Berg. In 1911-1912, Ehret conducted seminars and conferences in Germany, Switzerland and Monaco, about his discoveries, gaining support from Dr. Katz, the owner of a natural healing center in Stuttgart who wrote about Ehret in Lebeskunst magazine in 1911.
Along with his sister, Ehret was brought up as a Roman Catholic. He believed in God, but took issue with the Church because of its dietary requirements in a letter to the Pope, and subsequently quit the Church, though his faith in God remained. After his death, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, who was aware of his writings on Jesus, wrote to Fred Hirsch to confirm he would ban Catholics from reading Ehret's religious writings, if published. Prior to this, Ehret was popular with the bishop and the Catholic fraternity, due to the strong tradition of fasting within the Church.
According to Hirsch, in Ehret's unpublished book about Jesus, and letter to the Pope, Ehret described his belief that Jesus had not died on the cross, but had been taken down alive and revived with herbs and ointments. Ehret believed his proposed diet led to absolute communion with God.
The Mucusless Diet Healing System (MDHS) consists of various kinds of raw and cooked fruits, starchless vegetables and edible green leaves, to re-alkalize the body and build new blood. It uses a combination of long and short-term rational fasts, menus that progressively change to non-mucus-forming foods, and colonic irrigation.
Ehret believed that by using his transition diet system, any serious practitioner could move away from mucus-forming foods to non-mucus forming foods, especially using mineral-rich organic produce. However, he recommended caution and rationality during the transition program, since too rapid detoxification could lead to various illness symptoms depending on the individual's constitutional weaknesses and approach to the system. When toxemia or mucus entered the blood circulation system too quickly or where food combining was not followed, elimination of toxins and assimilation of nutrients, could be hindered. This was later affirmed by Jethro Kloss and Henry Bieler.
Ehret asserted that the body was an air-gas engine, not dependent on food for energy, and that the body was not designed to utilize mucus-forming foods, offering the equation Vitality = Power − Obstruction (V = P − O) to demonstrate this. Ehret also claimed the lungs were the pump in the body while the heart acted as a valve, with the blood controlling the heart - a concept also mentioned by Dr M. J. Rodermund in 1904. Ehret further believed that white blood cells were the result of ingesting mucus-forming foods.
Ehret maintained new tissue was built primarily from simple sugars in fruits, not metabolised from protein and fat-rich foods. Ehret only favored nuts and seeds during transition to the ideal fruit diet, and even then, only "sparingly", condemning high-protein and fat-rich foods, as "unnatural"; further writing that "no animals eat fats" and "all fats are acid forming,even those of vegetable origin, and are not used by the body" Later editions of his Mucusless Diet Healing System published by Fred S. Hirsch, claimed nuts were "mucus-free". Ehret specifically renounced meat, eggs, milk, fats, cereals, legumes, potatoes and rice, whilst recognizing the transitional value in some of these. Ehret, citing Ragnar Berg, stated that fats and proteins were acid-forming and were to be consumed in moderation, as did Ehret's contemporary Otto Carque.
In 2009, Harvard Medical Doctor, David L. Duffy wrote: "A study in the Journal Of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism finds that 'A diet that is high in protein and cereal grains is metabolized in a way that produces residue with an acidic pH. This may increase calcium excretion and weaken bones.' I believe it may also inhibit the release of oxygen from the red blood cells to the body."
- Ehret believed a fruitarian diet was the ideal diet, however he was unable to demonstrate the long term viability of this diet, due to his sudden death.
- Ehret is often criticized for officially being a Professor of drawing/painting, not dietetics.
- In his writings, Herbert Shelton claimed Ehret had admitted in a public lecture that he had little experience or understanding of fasting. Shelton also claimed Ehret made no distinction between mucus and pus, even though Ehret explained blood vessels can be obstructed with mucus-forming foods, which decompose, ferment and degenerate into pus.
- Johnny Lovewisdom claimed that Shelton claimed that Ehret enjoyed coffee, wine and cigarettes, and that coffee drinking caused his demise. In "Lebensfragen", Ehret described his use of coffee, alcohol and cigars, prior to his detoxification path, and use of meat, during his early dietary experiments. Lovewisdom also maintained that Ehret promoted grains, nuts and seeds as ideal foods, even though Ehret described them as part of "The Destructive Diet Of Civilization".
- In his writings, Ehret differentiated his method from natural hygiene (orthopathy), naturopathy, rawfoodism, vegetarianism, the mineral supplement movement, and other systems, since his knowledge of disease and other concepts contrasted with theirs. Natural hygienists have criticized Ehret for renouncing nuts and seeds as ideal foods, whilst advocating other foods in transition such as sauerkraut. Rawfoodists have criticized Ehret's use of cooked foods, which are applied selectively, in his transition program.
- Another common criticism is that a diet low in protein and carbohydrates, would lead to a drop in blood sugar, causing decreased insulin sensitivity, leading to a state of excitability.
- Mucusless diets were critiqued in the book "Diet and Die" by Carl Mamberg in 1935.
- Ehret was criticized by Herbert Shelton who did not distinguish between natural and unnatural mucus, unlike Robert Gray. Shelton however recognized that cereals and pulses caused an "acid ash".
- Ehret believed that microbial pathogens thrive by the ingestion of certain foods, an idea which is not universally accepted.
- Unlike medical practitioners today, who believe white blood cells are important components of the immune system, Ehret believed that white blood cells are caused by consuming mucus-forming foods, and as waste materials, poison the blood.
- Potential resulting symptoms and side effects of detoxification and fasting may include: nausea, rapid weight loss, decreased motor control, vitamin deficiency, mineral deficiency, tooth loss, hair loss, bone loss, muscle loss, organ damage, hyper-ventilation, mental imbalance, pH imbalance, bulimia, hunger, cravings, obsessions and isolation.
- Ehret encouraged those new to detoxification and fasting to consult with experts who understood fasting and his system.
- Some Ehretists believe Fred Hirsch embellished the 1954 edition of Ehret's Mucusless Diet book, and later editions have been modified. Other published versions of Ehret's books may also have been updated.
- Earlier Spanish editions of Ehret's books contained various translation errors such as using the word legumes instead of vegetables.
- The autobiography "The Story Of My Life (as told to Anita Bauer)" is regarded by some Ehretists as fictional.
- References to Innerclean, the herbal laxative product marketed by Ehret in the United States, were later removed from Ehret's writings due to government objections to using books in product promotion.
- Ehret's early 20th-century views on religion, the Church, Catholicism, homosexuality, motherhood, eugenics, modern science, conventional medicine, alternative medicine, the agriculture industry and the pharmaceutical complex, invited criticism from those factions, which Ehret rebuffed in his books and articles.
Arnold Ehret was part of an 18th and 19th century European and American nature cure movement which stemmed from a German tradition of natural life and sun worship rooted in Teutonic earth religions and Paganism. Ehret was a proponent of the emerging back-to-nature renaissance in Germany and Switzerland during the latter part of the 19th century, which was inspired by writers such as Meister Eckhart, Christoph Wilhelm Hufeland, Nietzsche, Goethe, Hermann Hesse, Ernst Haeckel and Eduard Baltzer as well as the healing traditions of Roman and Greek philosophers such as Paracelsus, Empedocles, Seneca, Plutarch, Porphyry, Galen, Hippocrates, Socrates, Pythagoras, Plato and Aristotle. Ascona in Switzerland, became a magnet for Hermann Hesse, Wilhelm Alexander de Beauclaire, Carl Jung, Isadora Duncan, D. H. Lawrence, Franz Kafka and Ehret himself. At the beginning of the 20th century, pioneers began to experiment with natural cure, raw foods, vegetarianism and social reform. Thousands of young Germans rejected urbanization to pursue a more natural lifestyle. An early health reformer mentioned by Ehret is August Engelhardt who wrote The Carefree Future in 1913. In his writings, Ehret cites Therese Neumann, who cured blindness and paralysis by abstaining from food.
Swiss author Dr. Eduard Berthollet described Ehretism in Le Retour À La Santé Et A la Vie Saine Par Le Jeûne (The Return To Health By Fasting). Other contemporaries of Ehret included Rhea Niesen, Marie-Reine Geffroy, Carlos Brandt, Jethro Kloss, John Richter, Arshavir Ter Hovannessian, Henry Bieler, Paavo Airola, Johanna Brandt and Teresa Mitchell. The German renaissance spread to America and influenced many of the countercultural movements including the beat generation and the vegetarian driven "hippie" movement. Ehret inspired author Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Hollywood actress Gloria Swanson.
In the 1960s, Ehret's writings gained popularity with the hippie and surf culture of San Francisco, Hawaii and California. In the 1970s, Paul Bragg rewrote The Mucusless Diet Healing System and Rational Fasting  with Hirsch's permission. In 1973, Manuel Lezaeta integrated Ehret's ideas with his 'thermal doctrine' for the elimination of toxins in La Medicina Natural Al Alcance De Todos.  Towards the 1980s, authors who referred to mucusless foods, included Marc Ams, Morris Krok, Johnny Lovewisdom, George Fathman, John Christopher, Robert Gray, Bernard Jensen, Corwyn Samuel West, Daniel Reid, Viktoras Kulvinskas, Ann Wigmore, Gary Null, Ross Horne, Essie Honiball, David Fastiggi, Joe Alexander, John Lust and Fred S. Hirsch.
In 1992, Octavi Piulats, a professor of philosophy at the University of Barcelona, and doctor of philosophy at the Goethe University Frankfurt, documented Ehret's critique of conventional physiology and naturalism, and how ancient Egyptian medicine, considered mucus, along with a series of astral and demonic influences, as the source of the disease, in Ehret: O La Pasion Por El Naturismo. In 1994, German magazine Stern published a review of a best-selling book by Helmut Wandmaker, who had been inspired by Ehret. In 1995, Pablo Cazau, a psychology Professor at Favaloro University, Buenos Aires, wrote about Ehret and Lezaeta, in the article El Naturismo: Una comparación con la cura psicoanalítica. In 1998, Gordon Kennedy documented Ehret in his book Children Of The Sun.
Natural lifestyle writers who continue to emphasise the need for the transition diet include Tonya Zavasta, Brian Clement, Douglas N. Graham, Natalia Rose, Paul Nison, Joel Fuhrman, Christopher Vassey, Loren Lockman, Herman Keppler, David Duffy M.D., Eduardo Alfonso, Anne Osborne Mantak Chia Gabriel Cousens Steven Bailey and Prof. Spira.
Ehret's original German writings have been translated into Croatian, Danish, English, Estonian, French, ,  Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian,  Serbian, Spanish ,  and Turkish.
Mucusless Diet Healing System
- Mucusless Diet Healing System: Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health, New York: Ehret Literature Publishing Company Inc, 1953, 1981, 1983, 2008., , , 
- Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc. Collector's edition (large print).
- Mucusless Diet Healing System: Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health'', New York: ELPC Inc, 1994. 75th Anniversary Edition, with Introduction by David Fastiggi.
- Mucusless Diet: A Series Of Articles On Superior Diet For Health & Economy, USA: ELPC Inc, 1920.
- A Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health: Prof. Arnold Ehret's Mucusless-Diet Healing System. A Complete Course, For Those Who Desire To Learn How To Control Their Health, California: ELPC Inc, 1924. First published in 1922 as: Mucusless Diet.
- Arnold Ehret's Mucusless-Diet Healing System: A Complete Course For Those Who Desire To Learn How To Control Their Health, New York: ELPC, 1983, 1977, 1972.
- Arnold Ehret's Mucusless-Diet Healing System: A Complete Course For Those Who Desire To Learn How To Control Their Health, Wyoming: ELPC, 1977.
- A Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health: Prof. Arnold Ehret's Mucusless-Diet Healing System, A Complete Course For Those Who Desire To Learn How To Control Their Health, Los Angeles: ELPC Inc, 1953.
- Mucusless Diet Healing System A Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health, with Introduction by Benedict Lust, New York: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1970, 2002.
- Mucusless Diet Healing System: A Scientific Method Of Eating Your Way To Health, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1976. Includes 'Master Key To Superior Health'.
- Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting. Los Angeles, California: ELPC Inc, 1st edition, 1926. 
- Rational Fasting: Regeneration Diet and Natural Cure for All Diseases. Translated from the German, translator unknown. English version originally published prior to 1922.
- Rational Fasting For Physical, Mental & Spiritual Rejuvenation. New York: ELPC Inc, 1966, 1987, 1994. Includes Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation, and Your Road To Regeneration, with Introduction by Thomas F. Gaines, Foreword by Fred Hirsch, Health and Happiness Through Fasting by Fred Hirsch, Internal Cleanliness by Fred Hirsch, My Road To Health by Teresa Mitchell.
- Rational Fasting For Physical, Mental & Spiritual Rejuvenation. New York: ELPC Inc, 2005. Includes Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation, and Your Road To Regeneration, with Introduction by Robert Miller, and My Road To Health by Teresa Mitchell.
- Rational Fasting For Physical, Mental & Spiritual Rejuvenation, New York: ELPC Inc, 1971. Collector's edition (large print).
- Rational Fasting and Regeneration Diet, 1913, original edition.
- Rational Fasting For Physical, Mental & Spiritual Rejuvenation, California: ELPC Inc, 1965, 1971, 1975. Includes Health & Happiness Through Fasting by Fred Hirsch.
- Rational Fasting For Physical, Mental & Spiritual Rejuvenation, California: ELPC Inc, 1926.
- Rational Fasting: A Scientific Method Of Fasting Your Way To Health, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1971. Includes 'The only complete translation of Kranke Menschen from the original German edition'.
- Rational Fasting: A Scientific Method Of Fasting Your Way To Health, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 2002. Includes: My Mucusless Diet & Naturopathy, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, The Truth About Human Nourishment, The Magic Mirror, Building Bodily Health etc.
- Rational Fasting, Washington: Health Research Books, 1996. ISBN 0-7873-1029-8.
- Rational Fasting, USA: Metaphysical Concepts.
- Rational Fasting, Society Of Metaphysicians Limited, 1987.
- Rational Fasting, Author:Arnold Ehret
- The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness: The Common Root Cause Of All Disease, Aging & Death, New York: ELPC Inc, 2002. With photos, translated & edited by Ludwig Max Fischer from the original Kranke Menschen (English: Sick People) first published in 1910/11.
- Kranke Menschen, English edition of Kranke Menschen, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1971. With Introduction by Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., Editor: John Lust.
- Physical Fitness Through A Superior Diet, Fasting & Dietetics / A Religious Concept of Physical, Spiritual & Mental Dietetics, New York: ELPC Inc, 1990s.
- Physical Culture: Fasting & Dietetics / The Exact Diagnosis Of Your Disease / The Magic Mirror, California: ELPC Inc, 1938, 4th Edition, 15 pages.
- Physical Fitness Thru A Superior Diet, Fasting & Dietetics / A Religious Concept Of Physical, Spiritual & Mental Dietetics, California: ELPC Inc, 1966, 1975, 1977.
Thus Speaketh The Stomach
- Thus Speaketh The Stomach/The Tragedy Of Nutrition, New York: ELPC Inc, 1923, 1990s.
- Thus Speaketh The Stomach: The Germinating Center Of All Disease, California, ELPC Inc, 1965. Includes The Tragedy Of Nutrition.
- Arnold Ehret's The Tragedy Of Nutrition: A Prelude To The Original Mucusless Diet Healing System, Singapore: Fit For Life Centre, 2002.
The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, California: ELPC Inc, 1955. Includes Overcoming Constipation Naturally; The Internal Uncleanliness Of Man. Author:Arnold Ehret, 
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, California: ELPC Inc, 4th edition, 1955. Includes: The Internal Uncleanliness Of Man; The Effect Of Laxatives; The Real Cause Of Constipation; Nourishing & Curing 'Laxatives'; Conclusion.
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, California: ELPC Inc, 1975. Includes Overcoming Constipation Naturally by Fred Hirsch.
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, Benedict Lust Publishers, 1922. The original short essay by Arnold Ehret.
- The Definitive Cure Of Chronic Constipation, Connecticut, Benedict Lust Publishers, 1922. Includes Overcoming Constipation Naturally.
- The Internal Uncleanliness Of Man, California & New Jersey: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1922.
- The Internal Uncleanliness Of Man, California: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1969, 28 pages.
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, New York: Beneficial Books, 1922. Includes Overcoming Constipation Naturally.
- The Definite Cure Of Chronic Constipation, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1982.
- Bogart, Guy. "Introduction" in Kranke Menschen, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers, 1971.
- Child, B. W. "Biographical Sketch of Prof. Arnold Ehret" in Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994.
- Fastiggi, David. "Introduction" in Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc.
- Hirsch, Fred. "Introduction" in Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994.
- Lust, Benedict. "Biographical Sketch of Arnold Ehret" in Mucusless Diet Healing System. New York: Benedict Lust Publishers, 2002.
- Miller, Robert. "Introduction" in Rational Fasting, New York: ELPC Inc.
- Gaines, Thomas F. "Introduction" in Rational Fasting, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers.
- Allgemeiner Lehrbrief für Faster und Gesundesser mit Anweisungen über schleimlose Diät, Germany: Kunstdruckerei, Bellinzona A.G., 1915. (General Instructions For Fasting).
- Die Schleimfreie Heilkost, Bremen: Waldthousen Verlag. OCLC 84543558. 
- Die Schleimfreie Heilkost, Weil Der Stadt: Vanderwalk / Naturaviva Verlag, 1989.
- Die Schleimfreie Heilkost, Taschenbuch, 1990.
- Die Schleimfreie Heilkost.
- Fastenlehre 1, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1935. Kranke Menschen (Fasting Teachings: The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness). 
- Fastenlehre 2, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1925. Lebensfragen (Fasting Teachings: Life Questions). 
- Fastenlehre 3, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1924. Lehr Und Fastenbrief (Fasting Teachings: Teaching & Fasting Letters). 
- Fastenlehre 4, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1924. Veroffentlichugen: Verjüngung Auf Natürlichem Wege. (Fasting Teachings: Rejuvenation In A Natural Way). 24 pages. 
- Fastenlehre 5, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1924. Fastenkunst und Ehretismus, with Rhea Niesen. 
- Kranke Menschen: Der gemeinsame Grundfaktor im Wesen aller Krankheiten, des Alterns und des Todes von Arnold Ehret, Ehret-Verlag, München, 1914
- Kranke Menschen: Der gemeinsame Grundfaktor im Wesen aller Krankheiten, des Alterns und des Todes, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1911. (The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness)
- Kranke Menschen: Der gemeinsame Grundfaktor im Wesen aller Krankheiten, des Alterns und des Todes, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1914, 96 pages.
- Kranke Menschen: Der gemeinsame Grundfaktor im Wesen aller Krankheiten, des Alterns und des Todes, München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1935, 80 pages.
- Lebensfragen (Gesammelte Aufsätze), Munchen: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1910, 1923, 1925, 85 pages. Includes: Ein 49 tägiger Fastenversuch. Also spricht die Krankheit. Zu der Ehret'schen Auffassung der Geschlechtskrankheiten, Von E. R. Höfer, München. Offener Brief an Herrn E. R. Höfer, München. Was ist Krebs. Selbstmord aus Mole -Liebe.
- Lehr Und Fastenbrief: Praktische Nutzanwendung zu "Kranke Menschen" und "Lebensfragen", München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1924, 20 pages (Teaching & Fasting Letters)
- Lehr Und Fastenbrief: Praktische Nutzanwendung zu "Kranke Menschen" und "Lebensfragen", München: Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1923, 18 pages.
- Vom Kranken Zum Gesunden Menschen Durch Fasten, Bremen: Waldthousen Verlag. ISBN 3-926453-09-5.
- Vom Kranken Zum Gesunden Menschen Durch Fasten. Die Ursache Aller Krankheiten, Weil Der Stadt: Vanderwalk / Naturaviva Verlag, 1989.
- Vom Kranken Zum Gesunden Menschen, Broschiert 1989.
- Biographical Sketch of Professor Arnold Ehret, Prof. B. W. Child, page 13, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994, "He was born July 29, 1866, near Freiburg, in Baden, Germany and lived to be 56 years of age, and was endowed by his father with a natural bent or extraordinary desire for delving into the causes and reasons for occurrences and results."
- The Destructive Diet Of Civilization and the Natural Food Of Man, chapter in Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, USA: ELPC Inc, 1923
- Slow down and fast, U.S. Catholic; Saturday, March 01, 2003; Gies, Martha,. "In brief, Ehret believed that some form of constipation or clogging is the cause of disease, and that we can cleanse our bodies through careful, intelligent fasting."
- "Bernard was right, the germ is nothing, the milieu is everything." http://chestofbooks.com/health/natural-cure/Ross-Horne/Health-and-Survival-in-the-21st-Century/Chapter-2-The-Milieu-interieur-The-Environment-Within.html The Milieu Interieur chapter, in Ross Horne's Health & Survival In The 21st Century, Harper Collins, 1997
- "his father was a veterinarian and so successful was he in this field of healing that neighbors often sought his aid for their personal ailments", Fred S. Hirsch, Introduction, in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994
- "His grandfather was also a physician, and fate decreed that Arnold Ehret was to follow in their footsteps.", Fred S. Hirsch, Introduction, in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994
- Child, B. W. "Biographical Sketch of Prof. Arnold Ehret", in Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: Ehret Literature Publishing Company, 1994.
- "my father and brother having died of consumption", Arnold Ehret, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 17
- Le Jeûne Moyen De Purification Totale, suivi d'une conférence sur: «La maladie et sa guérison spirituelle», Marie-Reine Geffroy, Cevic, Périgny-sur-Yerres 94520, Mandres Les Roses, 1951
- Lebensfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Verlag, Munich, 1923
- "Although he acquired considerable proficiency in a number of languages including German, French and Italian, his English was self-taught after his arrival in the United States.", Fred Hirsch, Publisher's Note, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994
- "he took a special academic course and graduates as professor of drawing for high schools and colleges, at 21 years of age.", Professor B. W. Child, in Biographical Sketch of Prof. Arnold Ehret, in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994
- Arnold Ehret's The Story of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980, page 14
- Arnold Ehret's The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980, page 12, page 29
- History of German Vegetarian Societies, International Vegetarian Union
- "I took a bicycle trip of about 800 miles, from Algiers to Tunis, accompanied by a trained bicyclist who lived on an ordinary diet.", Prof. B. W. Child, Biographical Sketch of Prof. Arnold Ehret", page 15, The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994
- The Story of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980, page 107
- Professor Arnold Ehret's The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980
- Professor B. W. Child's Biographical Sketch of Ehret in Rational Fasting, ELPC, 1994
- Lebensfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1923
- "Then he took a hiking trip through northern Italy walking 56 hours continuously.", Children Of The Sun, Gordon Kennedy, Nivaria Press, 1993, page 146
- Bauer, Anita. The Story Of My Life (As Told To Anita Bauer): An Autobiography That Reveals His System, New York: Benedict Lust Publishing, 1980. Includes Your Road To Health & Happiness, and, Building Bodily Strength & Efficiency, by Arnold Ehret.
- Bauer, Anita. La Historia De Mi Vida: Tal Y Como Le Fue Contada A Su Secretaria, Anita Bauer, Ed. M. Martinez, Spain, 1999.
- "A friend fifteen years younger and myself walked 56 HOURS CONTINUALLY after a ten-day fast.", Arnold Ehret, Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994, p.145
- Piulats Dades, Octavi, Ehret: O La Pasion Por El Naturismo, CuerpoMente (journal), July 1992, Number 11, page 62-65 (ISSN: 1130-4421).
- The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, page 21
- "I have no doubt that Prof. Ehret has found the fundamental cause of all disease." Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., Introduction to Kranke Menschen (Beneficial Books, 1971)
- Preface, The Cause and Cure of Human Illness, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 2002
- Nature Cures: The History Of Alternative Medicine In America, James C. Wharton, New York: Oxford University Press, 2002
- The Herb Book, John Lust, Bantam Books, 1993, page 7, "Dr. Lust opened the first health food store here in 1896 and named it the "Kneipp Store". Affiliated with it he had two Yungborn Sanitariums, one in Butler, New Jersey, the other in Tangerine, Florida. His school, The American School of Naturopathy, granted degrees in this healing art."
- "My revelation of disease and their healing through corrective diet is based on proof and backed by experience and experiments conducted on my own body as well as on thousands of patients at Dr. Benedict Lust's Yungborn Sanitarium during a period of over five years", Building Bodily Health, Strength and Efficiency, - Arnold Ehret's Basic Lecture, in The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980
- "Arnold Ehret's Herbal Intestinal Broom" (full recipe), The Herb Book, John Lust, Bantam Books, 1993, page 466
- Dr. Benedict Lust in Naturopath Magazine (reprint) in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Benedict Lust Publications, 1970
- Preface, Lebensfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Publishers, 1923
- "The implications and acceptance of Ehret's work would ultimately lead to the abolition of the medical, meat, and dairy industries, among others. Eventually the current system of capitalism would be rendered useless and the Earth's people would return back to the mythical 'Garden of Eden', one of the universal paradise myths shared by many divergent cultures." http://breathairmusic.com/physiological/faq.html Breathairian Ensemble Website - Faq, An Introduction to the Mucusless Diet Healing System by Professor Spira
- Still Ehret After All These Years, Gordon Kennedy, Just Eat An Apple, 2000s: "Hirsch also explained that the authorities were also upset by Ehret's essays on sex and motherhood, something they felt prudish post-Victorian America was not prepared to hear, much less accept."
- "They said that because of his crazy ways, he died from one dire deficiency or another; or that he was in an auto accident and his body just couldn't repair itself because calcium was absent from his bones! Fred Hirsch was with him the night he died... October 21st, 1927; a "pea soup" foggy Los Angeles night, so thick you couldn't see beyond the end of your arm. The Professor had just finished the last of a series of four free lectures on "Health Through Fasting", his Grape Cure, overcoming all the body's ailments through the pure and the natural and eschewing all animal and dairy products, astounding the Medical Doctors and helping people from all walks of life... in the Assembly Room of the Angelus Hotel at Fifth and Spring Streets, when a woman approached and once more pressed him into "having a glass of orange juice" at a nearby restaurant to discuss some nonsensical possible reduction of her cost for a forthcoming Course if she brought in "two or three others".", "What Really Happened to Arnold Ehret?", Sylvia Saltman, Vegetarian World Magazine (USA, 1977)
- The Story Of My Life, Anita Bauer, USA: Benedict Lust Publishers
- "Ehret, always a gentle, compassionate man, would hear her out and possibly grant her wish; Fred felt it was unfair to the others who had paid in full (a handful of lectures cost $100 - a stiff rate for the mid-twenties). The free lectures filled the hall every evening and the enrollment response was excellent! Fred was saying no, nix, let's go home, Professor - as he pulled his collar up against the chill eleven o'clock night, but Prof. Ehret agreed and the search for an open restaurant started. The lady, butterfly-like was darting in and out of doorways up ahead. She's now calling from what seemed way across Olive Street. "This way, Professor, hurry, he'll stay open for us! Come on!" Autos around that time "leaked" a lot of oil, and they were presently on a driveway leading into the White Garage on Olive Street - on wet, slippery oil-soaked pavement, shuffling carefully, walking slowly." "What Really Happened to Arnold Ehret?", Sylvia Saltman, Vegetarian World Magazine (USA, 1977)
- "Fred is slightly ahead and turns to take the elbow of Prof. Ehret, the man who saved his life some five years before...... and so they were out in this fogbound night. Fred turns to reach for Ehret's elbow and doesn't see him. He looks down, the Professor is lying on his back by the curb. They had found a driveway through the thick atmosphere, but he was wearing brand new shoes and his foot slipped on some spilled car-oil and down he went without a sound, the base of his head striking the point where the curb met the driveway. The lady was summoned from across the way to call for help. Fred dropped by his side to give first aid. In those days ambulances had only the driver abroad and no life-saving equipment. But it came quickly from nearby Police Dept. Emergency Hospital located at 3rd and Hill. The doctor waiting to receive them took one quick look and said, "This man is dead.....". Fearing ridicule from "non-believers" and to clear all mystery surrounding the unfortunate death of his beloved friend and mentor, a grieving Mr. Hirsch ordered an autopsy, the results of which are available for scrutiny to this day at the L.A. County Hall of Records. Ehret officially died of a basal fracture of the skull." "What Really Happened to Arnold Ehret?", Sylvia Saltman, Vegetarian World Magazine (USA, 1977)
- "Upon leaving the lecture hall, Professor Ehret was hastily making his way to the railroad station to board the train for his home in the Los Angeles suburbs. He was wearing a pair of new shoes for the first time. The street was poorly lighted. In stepping off the curb, he lost his balance, falling backward and striking his head on the stone curbing. A few minutes after the fall he breathed his last, never regaining consciousness. The autopsy revealed a basal fracture (fracture at the base of the brain) of the skull." Benedict Lust cited in Naturopath Magazine, in Mucusless Diet Healing System, Benedict Lust Publications, 1970 (page preceding i), and 2002
- Eternal Youth Life Journal 1947-1985, Johnny Lovewisdom, International University of the Natural Vitalogical Sciences, "Professor Arnold Ehret preached a mucusless diet while ever a great coffee drinker and chain smoker, living only 56 years. He was accompanied by a close friend, John De Quer M.D., after having his usual 6 cups of coffee when he collapsed walking in the street, dying of apoplexy or heart disease, and not by an accident as his publishers claim. Dr Herbert Shelton thought it was due to coffee, wine and tobacco he freely used, beside a lack of protein. His Mucusless Diet Healing System advocates the use of walnuts, pecans, whole wheat toast, Swedish Rye Krisp, Zweiback toast and Cottage cheese".
- "In Egypt, we saw a race of people of extraordinary strength and endurance, living on scanty vegetarian diet mostly, but with two supposedly bad habits - cigarette smoking and drinking strong coffee; yet we saw not a single nervous or toxemic person. To see how few kinds and how little food they ate, to learn that they are about the same kinds of foods that their ancestors ate, gives one a reason for the superior qualities of old Egyptian civilization.", The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 18
- "He died in Los Angeles, where his ashes are contained in a bronze acorn at Coleus Terrace, Forest Lawn, in Glendale, California.", Chapter, "Arnold Ehret", Children Of The Sun, Gordon Kennedy, Navaria Press, 1998
- Gordon Kennedy, Still Ehret After All These Years, Just Eat An Apple, Issue 8, October 1999, page 12, copy of Certification of Vital Record, "Cause of Death: Fracture of skull, accidental. Fall and struck head on curbing."
- The Cause And Cure Of Human Illness, Arnold Ehret, translation by Ludwig Max Fischer, Ehret Literature Publishing Company, New York, 2002
- The Cause And Cure Of Human Illness, Arnold Ehret, translated by Ludwig Max Fischer, Ehret Literature Publishing Company, New York, 2002
- "Dr. (Heinrich) Lahmann said "Every disease is caused by carbonic acid and gas." But he did not learn its source in decayed, uneliminated food substances - the mucus in a state of continuous fermentation.", Arnold Ehret, Mucusless Diet Healing System, ELPC Inc, 1994, page 91
- Herbs for Improved Digestion, C. J. Puotinen, McGraw-Hill Professional, 1998, page 7, "Ehretists, disciples of Arnold Ehret, still follow his mucus-less diet and avoid mucus-causing foods."
- "Only fruit, the sole mucus-free nourishment, is natural" The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness: The Common Root Cause Of All Disease, Aging & Death by Professor Arnold Ehret, Translated by Max Fischer, Ehret Publishing Literature Company Inc, 2002
- Fred Hirsch in Mucusless Diet Healing System, New York: ELPC, 1994, page 9
- "Transition diet and fasting are the real and only keys to a superior life - to the revelation of a superior world, and to the spiritual world.", Arnold Ehret in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, USA: ELPC Inc, 75th Anniversary Edition, 1994
- "Mucoid matter, mucoid material and mucoid, all refer to any slimy, sticky, or gluelike substance originating in the body for the purpose of holding substances to be eliminated in suspension. The term generally encompasses what the ordinary English-speaking person would accept as being mucus whether the actual substance be mucus, mucin, colloid, mucupolysaccharides, mucoproteins, glycoproteins, or what have you.", Robert Grey, The Colon Handbook, San Francisco: Emerald Publishing, 1991, 12th Edition, page 31
- "There is a disease which medical science calls myxedema. In this disease, the body swells up with a solution of what biochemists identify to be mucopolysaccharides. The word "myxedema" is derived from the Greek roots "myxa" meaning mucus and "oidema" meaning a swelling.", Robert Gray, The Colon Health Handbook, San Francisco: Emerald Publishing, 1991, 12th edition, page 31, section "Sources of Poor Understanding About The Mucus Theory"
- Professor Cullen's treatise of the materia medica, William Cullen, Benjamin Smith Barton, Published by Edward Parker, no. 178 Market-Street., 1812, "It is hardly necessary to remark here, what is now so commonly known, that the certicillated plants we are treating of give out a larger proportion of essential oil, after their being dried for some time, than in their recent state; but it is not so commonly observed, that most of them, in their first distillation, give out along with their essential oil a quantity of mucus or butyraceous matter, and that they may be freed from this, and much improved in their fragrance and virtues, by a second distillation with water."
- Schlickeysen, Gustav. Obst Und Brod, English translation: Fruit And Bread. Translated by M.L.Holbrook MD. Published by M.L. Holbrook & Company New York 1877.
- Torre, Teofilo de la. The Process Of Physical Purification Through The New And Easy Way To Fast, 1954
- Golden Path To Rejuvenation: Life's Most Important Knowledge, Morris Krok, Durban: Essence of Health, 1963
- Fresh vegetable and fruit juices: what's missing in your body?, Norman Wardhaugh Walker, 1970, "Once we have gone through the arduous and bothersome process of cleansing the body of mucus and other waste matter, and have changed to the mucusless diet of raw fruit and vegetables supplemented with plenty of fresh juices, the causes of colds is removed."
- Colon Health: The Key To A Vibrant Life, Norman Walker, Norwalk Press, Prescott, AZ, 1979, page 4
- Chapter, The Mucus Controversy, in The Colon Health Handbook: New Health Thru Colon Rejuvenation, San Francisco: Emerald Publishing, 1991, 12th edition, page 30-31, chapter, The Mucus Controversy, section Mucus Matter Defined, "In order to avoid the many semantical difficulties associated with the word 'mucus', the author prefers to use the expression 'mucoid matter' instead."
- "Excessive consumption of mucoid forming foods and inadequate levels of intestinal lactobacteria are the principal causes of a toxic colon. The fewer mucoid forming foods you eat, the better the health you will be able to attain. Superb health can never be attained as long as a highly mucoid forming diet is being eaten. Dairy products whether, milk, butter, cheese, cottage cheese, cream, yoghurt, kefir, ghee, and whey, along with flesh products – meat, fish, fowl and eggs, are the most mucoid forming of all foods. Soy beans are the most mucoid forming of all plant foods. Vegetarians who include soy products in their diet are paying pricely homage to the utterly false and highly injurious idea that their bodies cannot do without animal products. Vegetables and fruits are virtually free of all mucoid forming activity. They are Nature's purest foods." Chapter, The Mucus Controversy, in The Colon Health Handbook: New Health Thru Colon Rejuvenation, San Francisco: Emerald Publishing, 1991, 12th edition
- Cleanse and Purify Thyself, Richard Anderson, Triumph Business Trust, 1998, page 60; page 117
- "Due to our poor eating and drinking habits, stress, pollution, intake of drugs, inappropriate medications and smoking etc, over time the colon may become impacted with a great deal of uneliminated matter which actually hardens and adheres to its walls. This is sometimes referred to as mucoid plaque and quite probably it affects every single person eating a standard Western diet.", Susie Miller & Karen Knowler, Feel-Good Food: A Guide To Intuitive Eating, The Women's Press, 2000, ISBN 0-7043-4546-3, page 34
- "In order to protect itself from the chronic toxic irritation caused by eating meat, fish, dairy, and cereal products, the colon secretes large quantities of mucus to entrap toxic particles before they damage the colon's sensitive lining. When this occurs at every meal, every day, ever week, throughout the year, as is common in Western diets, the colon ends up secreting a constant stream of mucus, which accumulates and gets impacted in the folds of the colon. This results in a narrowing of the passage through the colon and a constant seeping of toxins into the bloodstream by osmosis. When the impacting of toxic mucus in the colon reaches a critical pressure, it causes a pocket to balloon outward through the colon lining, causing a condition called diverticulosis. Colitis and cancer are the next stages of colon deterioration caused by these conditions." Daniel Reid, The Tao Of Health, Sex & Longevity, Simon and Schuster, page 60
- "Mucus is a normal body secretion. All mucous membranes continually secret mucus as a means of keeping the surfaces moist and lubricated. Ingesting any food, or even water, will give rise to an increased level at the back of the mouth of a healthy lubricating type of mucus. These facts are often presented as disproving the validity of the mucus theory. Yet it is easy to distinguish healthy mucus from mucus formed as a reaction to toxicity. Healthy mucus is clear and slippery. Unhealthy mucus is cloudy, thick and sticky and this is the type of mucus produced by mucus forming foods.", Robert Gray, The Colon Health Handbook, Emerald Publishing, 1991, page 30
- "Without a sufficient thyroid output, the metabolism slows down. Food is incompletely burned, and the result is like smoke or soot as compared to a clean-burning flame. This internal smoke or soot is handled in the same way smoke or soot from the outside is handled. The body generates mucoid material to hold the undesired substances in suspension.", Robert Gray, The Colon Health Handbook, Emerald Publishing, page 36
- "The advantages of a fruitarian diet are: 1. It provides complete nourishment with the minimum of extraneous substances capable of 'silting' up the tissues.", Ross Horne, in Health And Survival In The 21st Century, chapter Dieting For Healing and Longevity, section Raw Fruit: The Natural Food of Primates
- Locarno et ses Environs. Fremdenblatt mit offizieller Fremdenliste. Visitors' Journal and Official List, 6. Jahrg., Nr. 6, 23. February 1907 bis Nr. 25, 18. May 1907.
- "Ascona: Monte Verità. Robert Landmann, 1979, Ullstein. ISBN 3-548-34013-X.
- Ascona: Monte Verità: Auf der Suche nach dem Paradies. Robert Landmann & Roman von Werner Ackermann, Frauenfeld: Huber, 1990, ISBN 3-7193-1219-4.
- Ascona: Monte Verità: Die Geschichte eines Berges. Robert Landmann, Ascona Pancaldi Verlag, 1930.
- Monte Verità: Ascona's Mountain of Truth. Mara Folini, Bern 2000.
- *Monte Verità: Sanatorium der Sehnsucht. Andreas Schwab, Zürich: Orell Füssli, 2003. ISBN 3-280-06013-3
- "Mountain Of Truth: The Counterculture Begins - Ascona 1900-1920. Martin Green, University Press Of New England, Hanover & London/Tufts, 1986.
- Health, Race and German Politics between National Unification and Nazism, 1870-1945 (Cambridge Studies in the History of Medicine), Paul Weindling, page 79, "The physician, Raphael Friedeberg, underwent a metamorphosis from adviser to sickness insurance funds and SPD member in the 1890s to anarchism and Lebensreform in the 1900s. He replaced materialism by a creed of 'psychism,' and conventional medical therapy by nature therapy. His settlement at Monte Verita near Ascona pioneered the first 'air huts' or Lufthütten for fresh air and nature therapy. The colony's vegetarianism and anarchism attracted such visitors as Bakunin, Kropotkin, Lenin, and Trotsky."
- Robert Landmann, Ascona: Monte Verità, Ullstein, 1979, ISBN 3-548-34013-X.
- Schwab, Andreas. Monte Verità - Sanatorium der Sehnsucht, Zürich: Orell Füssli 2003. ISBN 3-280-06013-3
- "Ehret then opened a sanitarium in Ascona, Switzerland for treating sick people with a fasting and fruit diet....", "For about 15 years Ehret operated his sanitarium in Switzerland, then he came to California in 1914 and was forced to stay here because of the war," in Children Of The Sun, Gordon Kennedy, Navaria Press, 1993, page 146
- The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, ELPC Inc, 1994, page 21
- The Cause And Cure Of Human Illness, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 2002
- "Within a period of 14 months Professor Ehret lived 126 days without food, 49 days in one stretch. These fasts (the world-record for absolute scientific observation within an enclosure) were undertaken only after long preparation of the physical organism by a mucusless diet." Introduction by Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., "Kranke Menschen", Arnold Ehret, USA: Benficial Books, 1971 Edition, Edited by John B. Lust, N.D., B.D.M.
- "Vegetarische Warte" 1909, book 19, 20, 22; 1910, book 1 and 2, in Lebesfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Verlag, Munich, 1923
- Lebesfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Verlag, Munich, 1923
- The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, ELPC Inc 1994, page 20 "It had a sensational and revolutionizing effect."
- Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D.: "In 1909, Ehret wrote an article for the European health magazines denouncing the metabolic theory, and in 1912 learned that Thomas Powell, M.D., of Los Angeles had made the same discovery and was effecting wonderful cures by using foods containing what he called 'organized carbon' which is the same food ingredient that develops into grape-sugar during digestion."; "grape-sugar of carbohydrates was the source of vitality and vital energy, and not the proteids". Introduction to Kranke Menschen (Beneficial Books, 1971)
- Fundamentals and Requirements of Health and Disease, Thomas Powell, M.D., Powell Publishing Company, Los Angeles, California, 1909, Introduction to Part One, page 15, "The New Vital Philosophy: Comprehending the Basic Principles of Biology, Physiology and Dietetics - unraveling the manifold Mysteries of Vegetation, Nutrition, Nerve Action and Locomotion, by showing how energy is stored in Food; how Nutrition is effected; how Food-Energy is transformed into the VITOMOTIVE POWER, or Muscular Energy; that this agent possesses, at its maximum efficiency, a Dynamic Equivalent of 600 lbs. to the square inch; what this Mighty Power is; from what element of the food it is developed; and how it sets the VITAL MACHINERY in motion."
- "I am pleased to add that the discoveries made here by Dr. Thomas Powell, which I assisted in developing and adding to, were intuitively surmised by professor Ehret (afterwards found to be proved by his results, and later corroborated by reference to Chemist Hensel's scientific analysis of foods) are that fruits and vegetables have elements which are superior to those in any other foods, for producing vital energy, both in amount and quantity.", Prof. B. Child in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, ELPC Inc, 1994, page 21
- http://www.thebodytherapycenter.com/bind.htm Berg's Tables, The Body Therapy Center
- Paul Liberner, Lebenskunst Magazine, Number 9, 1912
- Dr Katz, Die Sonne magazine, July 15, 1912, pages 109-110
- Arnold Ehret's The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980, page 21, 28
- Arnold Ehret in, Professor B. W. Child's Biographical Sketch of Ehret in The Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC, 1994, pages 18-19, "My "coming book" will state, with convincing proof, that Christ's parentage, so-called miracles of healing, and apparent changes of natural law, his resurrection and ascension, into "Heaven", were in accord with natural law, but not then, and not wholly now, understood."
- Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., Introduction to Kranke Menschen (Beneficial Books, 1971), "The fruits of the mucusless diet furnish the blood with the best nutrient elements, as well as dissolvents; and the starchless and leafy vegetables furnish not only the right mineral salts but are the repositories of those elusive but important vitamines… while the vegetable fibres furnish a broom to sweep out the intestinal canal."
- Jethro Kloss, Back To Eden, 1939, Lotus Press; Rev Ed edition (1998) "All the good food that may be eaten cannot do the body any good, until you have first cleansed the body by eliminating excess acid & mucus."
- Henry Bieler. Food Is Your Best Medicine: "Man is not nourished by the food he eats, but only in proportion to what he is able to digest and assimilate.", Food Is Your Best Medicine, Henry Bieler, Ballantine Books Inc. 1996
- Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., Introduction to Kranke Menschen (Beneficial Books, 1971), "Man is working against too much friction in his human machine. Hidden away in every part of the human body are thousands of feet of small and almost invisible tubes through which the blood circulates like the water in a water motor. If the blood stream contains sticky mucus from wrong eating, the body machine has to work under continual friction, like a car slowed down by applying the brake."
- "Physical Culture Classics", Volume IV, Dr M. J. Rodermund, New York: ER Dumon, 1909.
- Dr. Guy Bogart, N.D., Introduction to Kranke Menschen (Beneficial Books, 1971), "The excessive appearance of the white blood corpuscles, i.e., of the white dead mucus, as compared with the red sugar and iron substances is becoming dangerous to life. Red-colored and sweet is the visible token of life and love; white, pale, colorless, bitter, the token of disease and the overwhelming by mucus, the slow dying of the individual."
- The Purple Seal: Breaking The Plague of Chronic Diseases and Syndromes, George Washington Singleton III, BRCA Incorporated, page 41, "Arnold Ehret who first identified the Caucasian Peoples' white skin color as physiopathogenicity in his 1922 classic nutritional herbology book Mucusless Diet Healing System; goes on and explains how he reversed his own white color back to its original brown color and everyone thought he was a Native American or Asian Indian via a "natural sun tan" regime. He achieved this by following his own Mucusless Diet Healing System, i.e. a Herbivore/Vegan diet using foods that remove the undigested animal residues he calls "mucus" that gives the white blood cells their characteristic white color from their phagocytosis of Animal/Dietary Cholestrol in their "house cleaning" sanitary body maintenance duties."
- "These elements or ingredients are known as "organized carbon and "grape sugar". Their presence in sufficient quantities, refutes the now current idea that the organic, mineral or tissue salts, are the energy producing elements. They exist only in infinitesimal amounts in all foods, and part of them are drugs. Neither are the number of calories ("heat units" by calorimeter tests), reasonable basis for selecting a proper diet. My over forty years of observation, experiences and research have proven conclusively to me that fruits and vegetables have all the tissue salts needed, and that the presence of actually well known ingredients in sufficient quantity are the energy and life supporting ingredients which make them the superior of all other foods, when the debris (mucus) from the "mucus-rich" foods is eliminated.", Professor. B. W. Child, Introduction, "The Mucusless Diet Healing System", Arnold Ehret, New York: ELPC Inc, 1994 , page 21
- Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, USA: ELPC Inc, 1994, chapter "The Destructive Diet Of Civilization"
- Mucusless Diet Healing System, Arnold Ehret, USA: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 90
- "Medical science is still suffering from Liebig's old theory that the human or animal muscle works on proteins, whereas as a matter of fact nearly all heat and energy are produced by fats and carbohydrates. It is now an established fact that the adult body cannot make use of more than about five per cent protein, of the total amount of solid food needed daily.", Rational Diet: An Advanced Treatise on the Food Question, Otto Carque, Health Research Books, 1996, page 355
- David Duffy in Dr Henry Bieler's Insight Into Common Disease, Ehret Newsletter, Ehret Literature Publishing Company, New York, October 2009.
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, January 2009, Treatment with Potassium Bicarbonate Lowers Calcium Excretion and Bone Resorption in Older Men and Women, Authors: B. Dawson-Hughes, S.S. Harris, N.J. Palermo, C. Castaneda-Sceppa, H.M. Rasmussen, G.E. Dallal
- "The human body is perfected to live off one fruit only, at least for a long period of time. One should not dismiss a simple truth preached by nature, just because cultural norms don't allow for it. It is true that, initially a fruit-only diet always leads to sickness, but that is because the body goes through a cleansing process.", The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness: The Common Root Cause Of All Disease, Aging & Death by Professor Arnold Ehret, Translated by Max Fischer, Ehret Publishing Literature Company Inc, 2002
- "At present among the vegetarian health-seekers "raw food diet" is in fashion. No doubt it represents great progress, but the arguments are partly wrong and lead to mistaken and fanatic extremes.", Arnold Ehret, Mucusless Diet Healing System, USA: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 93
- "Dr. Lahmann, the German chemist Hensel, and some authorities in this country, are founders of what may be called "the mineral salt" movement. The stress in this dietetic reasoning is placed upon the fact that all acid and mucus forming foods lack the necessary mineral salts. But it proved a fad like the protein fad, thinking health could be regained by overflowing the body with artificially manufactured mineral-salt preparations.", Arnold Ehret, Mucusless Diet Healing System, USA: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 93
- Diet and Die, Carl Mamberg, Hillman-Curl Inc., 1935, Chapter "Mucusless Diets and the Back-to-Nature Cults"
- Robert Gray, The Colon Health Handbook
- "A cereal and pulse diet with a deficiency of green foods and fresh fruits is obviously inadequate. It is deficient in alkaline elements (yields an acid-ash) and vitamins." The Hygienic System, Vol. II, Orthotrophy, by Herbert M. Shelton"
- Lebensfragen, Arnold Ehret, Carl Kuhn Publishers, Munich, section A 49-Day Fasting Experiment
- Eduard Berthollet, The Return To Health By Fasting
- "We feel sure that Prof. Ehret would have approved and granted permission to include a few mucus-lean recipes, particular of salads, in this 20th edition of his Mucusless Diet Healing System,", Arnold Ehret, "Mucusless Diet Healing System", USA: ELPC Inc, 1994, page 130
- "The idea of paradise for the whole of humanity will remain utopian. Only very few people will have the opportunity and the good fortune to frolic under the shade of fruit trees and live from the sustenance they provide. Ignorance, lack of discipline, lack of faith, will drive most people into the camp of the opponents of my teachings for a very long time to come.", The Cause & Cure Of Human Illness: The Common Root Cause Of All Disease, Aging & Death by Professor Arnold Ehret, Translated by Max Fischer, Ehret Publishing Literature Company Inc, 2002
- http://www.hippy.com/php/article-243.html The Perrenial Subculture by Gordon Kennedy
- Kennedy, Gordon. Children Of The Sun: A Pictorial Anthology; From Germany to California 1883-1949, California: Nivaria Press, 1998, pages 9-10
- Kennedy, Gordon. The Protoculture: Going to Kalifornien, Living Nutrition, Volume 7 
- Kennedy, Gordon & Ryan, Kody. Hippie Roots & The Perennial Subculture, 2003, Hippy.Com Article
- Rational Fasting, Arnold Ehret, Ehret Publishing House, Munich, 1913
- The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Arnold Ehret, Beneficial Books, 1980
- Autobiography Of A Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda
- The Story Of Theresa Neumann, USA: Bruce Publishing Company
- Berthollet, Eduard. Le Retour À La Santé Et A la Vie Saine Par Le Jeûne (The Return To Health By Fasting), Editor: Pierre Gnenillard, Lausanne, Switzerland: Laurea de Luniversie De Lausanne, 1920s. 
- http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/martinist.html Reference to Berthollet at Freemasonry.bcy.ca
- Fastenkunst und Ehretismus, Rhea Niesen, Carl Kuhn Verlag, 1924
- Le Jeûne Moyen De Purification Totale, suivi d'une conférence sur: «La maladie et sa guérison spirituelle», Marie-Reine Geffroy, Cevic, Périgny-sur-Yerres 94520, Mandres Les Roses, 1951
- http://www.soyinfocenter.com/HSS/jethro_kloss_and_back_to_eden.php Jethro Kloss Biography, Soy Info Center
- The Grape Cure, Johanna Brandt, USA: Health Research Books, 1996, 191 pages, "Prof. Arnold Ehret, author on raw food objects to even one starch.", page 71
- Blatant raw foodist propaganda!, or, Sell your stove to the junkman and feel great!, or, Consider your true nature, Joe Alexander, Blue Dolphin Publishers, 1990, "Teresa Mitchell is author of an extremely inspiring story published by the Ehret Literature Publishing Company in a booklet called Roads to Health and Happiness, describing her experiences in following Arnold Ehret's teachings.", page 55
- Mitchell, Teresa. My Road To Health, or, My year in Shangri-La, California: Ehret Literature Publishing Co., 1960, 1956.
- http://www.fruitarian.com/ao/Testimonial_Teresa.htm T. Mitchell testimonial at fruitarian.com
- Teresa Mitchell, My Road To Health, in Rational Fasting, Arnold Ehret, USA: ELPC Inc, 1994
- "Ehret later migrated to southern California and helped to spawn a new sub-culture in America, based upon his natural philosophy and lifestyle.", "His "Rational Fasting" (1914) and "Mucus-less Diet"(1922) were literary standbys within hippie circles in San Francisco and Los Angeles in the 1960's.", Hippie Roots and the Perennial Sub-Culture, Gordon Kennedy, http://www.hippy.com/php/article-243.html
- The Bragg Toxicless Diet Body Purification and Healing System Paul Bragg, Health Science Publishers, reprint, 1988
- Bragg Healthy Lifestyle-Vital Living to 120! (Formerly Titled: Toxicless Diet, Body Purification & Healing System) by Patricia Bragg, N.D., Ph.D., Paul C. Bragg, Health Science Publishers, 2000
- The miracle of fasting: proven through history for physical, mental and spiritual rejuvenation, Dr. Paul C. Bragg, Dr. Patricia Bragg, Health Science Publications, Inc., 2004, "I feel that fasting has done a great deal to eliminate the mucus from my body. I faithfully live on a mucusless diet and always take my weekly 24 hour fast to help keep any mucus and toxins that I may have accumulated in my body flowing out. I want to keep my machinery clean."
- The miracle of fasting: proven through history for physical, mental and spiritual rejuvenation, Dr. Paul C. Bragg, Dr. Patricia Bragg, Health Science Publications, Inc., 2004, "I can tell you all the great health benefits that fasting, a mucusless and meatless diet will do for you. But it's best you simply try it yourself, then you be the judge."
- Lezaeta Acharán, Manuel. La Medicina Natural Al Alcance De Todos, Buenos Aires: Editorial Kier, 1979.
- Ams, Marc. Professor Arnoldo Ehret: El Origen De Las Enfermedades y Su Cura Por La Dieta Sin Mocos, Prologo y Comentarios, Barcelona: Centro de Biocultura E Higienismo, Barcelona, Spain, 1980s, 57 pages.
- Experiences in Euphoria, USA: Living Nutrition, Vol. 7, 1990s, "If civilized man puts himself on an elimination program for an extended period of time, he will be shocked by the amount of stored slime that is dislodged and eliminated from the 30 feet of intestines and delicate brochial tubes of the lungs. As he discovers the principle of detoxification, he will understand why no pill, special food or stretching exercise can clear the large thick, salty, toxic accumulations that foul the body..... The sticky, slimy and toxic substances contained in starchy foods, dairy products and animal foods will in a short time, neutralize hours of physical endeavor."
- Lovewisdom, Johnny. The Buddhist Essene Gospel Of Jesus (Volume 1), San Francisco: Paradisian Publications, 2004
- Lovewisdom, Johnny. Ecstatic Re-Creation Thru Paradisical Living, Quito: International University of the Natural Vitalogical Sciences, 1959
- Fathman, George. Live Foods, New York: Ehret Literature Publishing Company, reprint, 2000s.
- The colon health handbook: new health through colon rejuvenation, Robert Gray, Emerald Pub., 2002 - 74 pages
- Keppler, Herman. Detoxification & Colon Cleansing, Yoga & Health Magazine, 2000s.
- http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/catalog/books_colonhealthhandbook.html Robert Gray at Rawfoodinfo.com
- West, Corwyn Samuel. The Golden Seven Plus One, Utah: Samuel Publishing Company, 1981.
- http://www.ial.org/biography.php Samuel West Biography, Ial.org
- Reid, Daniel. The Tao Of Health, Sex & Longevity: a modern practical guide to the ancient way, USA: Simon & Schuster, 1989, "Throughout the ancient Taoist literature on health and longevity we find the term bi-gu ('avoid grains') cropping up over and over. This agrees completely with the findings of such great nutritional scientists as Arnold Ehret, Dr Herbert Shelton, Dr Marsh Morrison, Dr Norman Walker and V.E. Irons."
- Reid, Daniel. El Tao De La Salud El Sexo Y La Larga Vida, Spain: Urano, 2003
- Kulvinskas, Viktoras. Survival Into the 21st Century: A Planetary Healer's Handbook, USA: Ihopea Inc.
- Dr. Ann Wigmore's Complete Live Food Program, Ann Wigmore, Hippocrates Press, Boston, MA
- http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020122horne.21stcentury/020122toc.html Ross Horne, Health and Survival in the 21st Century, Harper Collins, 1997, "Because meat, chicken, fish, dairy products, and refined carbohydrates are completely lacking in fiber, the breakdown of the undigested remnants of the high-fat, high-protein diet in the colon is difficult and the normal aerobic bacteria must change in form to an anaerobic form which putrefies the remnants and produces different acids and toxic chemicals."
- A Fruit Eater Is Born, Essie Honiball, South Africa: ABC Press, 2005
- http://www.fruitarian.com/ao/Testimonial_Essie.htm Honiball Testimonial, fruitarian.com
- Fastiggi, David. The End Of Disease Through Seven Levels of Purification and Re-Creation, Original Health Inc. 1986
- http://www.thegenesishope.org/About_David.html David Fastiggi Biography, TheGenesisHope.org
- Alexander, Joe. Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda, Blue Dolphin Publishers, 1990, "We got talking, and in the course of the conversation he mentioned Arnold Ehret and the mucusless diet.", page 98
- Professor Arnold Ehret's The Story Of My Life as told to Anita Bauer, Beneficial Books, 1980, advert for Instructions for Dieting and Fasting
- The Herb Book, John Lust, Bantam Books, 1993, About the Author, "His other books include: Lust for Living, Raw Juice Therapy, About Raw Juices, About Diabetes and the Diet, The Massage Manual, Drink Your Troubles Away and Ehret's Instructions for Fasting and Dieting."
- Instructions For Fasting & Dieting, USA: Yankee Book Peddler, Inc, 1983
- Instructions For Dieting & Fasting, A. Ehret, Benedict Lust Pubns, 2002
- http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/store2/grow.asp Fred Hirsch at Living Tree Community
- http://www.arnoldehret.org/healthclub/who_was_ehret.html Who Was Ehret?, Fred Hirsch, Arnold Ehret.org
- http://www.arnoldehret.org/healthclub/rationalfasting_hirsch.html, Don't Give Up Hope, Fred Hirsch, Preface, Rational Fasting, ArnoldEhret.org
- "In 1994, the illustrated German magazine, Stern, published an article about a book by Helmut Wandmaker, which has sold 70,000 copies.", "Helmut 'came upon the healing qualities of fruit in 1978. In America a 60 year old book of the vegetarian and fasting apostle Arnold Ehret fell in his hands which now has been published here (Germany) also)'", Children Of The Sun, Gordon Kenedy, Nivaria Press, 1993, page 151
- Cazau, Pablo. El Naturismo: Una comparación con la cura psicoanalítica, Buenos Aires: Galeon.Com, 1995, Galeon.Com Article
- Kennedy, Gordon. Children Of The Sun: A Pictorial Anthology; From Germany to California 1883-1949, California: Nivaria Press, 1998
- Nison, Paul. Raw Food Formula for Health, Healthy Living Publications, 2008, ISBN 1-57067-216-4
- Dr David Duffy, Atherosclerosis Article at ArnoldEhret.org http://www.arnoldehret.org/docs/ATHEROSCLEROSIS.pdf
- http://www.arnoldehret.com/docs/case_studies_mucusless_diet_healing_system Case Studies In The Application Of Ehret's Mucusless Diet Healing System, David Duffy M.D., Arnold Ehret Newsletter, Ehret Literature Publishing Company, New York
- Alfonso, Eduardo. Naturismo: Medicina Natural, Argentina: Kier.
- Curso de Medicina Natural en Cuarenta Lecciones, Eduardo Alfonso, Argentina: Kier Editorial, 1995
- Osborne, Anne. Fruitarianism: Path To Paradise, Queensland: Fruitgod, 2009
- Living in the Tao: The Effortless Path of Self-Discovery, Mantak Chia, William U. Wei, Inner Traditions / Bear & Company, 2009, The Mucusless Diet, page 186, "Through the alkaline diet, you can create a mucus-free environment internally in the body. This is what we are trying to achieve. In other words, the less we build up mucus, which inflames the body, the more the body is going to function properly. If you look and feel your body, when you eat a lot of the animal products your body just swells up because the inflammation is taking place within the body. In other words, the blood vessels get coated with cholestrol, which increases the size or the tightness of the body to neutralize the acid that is flowing through the blood."
- Conscious eating, Gabriel Cousens, North Atlantic Books, 2000, How to Recognize an Imbalance in the Kapha Dosha"They are made better by plenty of exercise, heat (such as a sauna), a mucusless diet, plenty of raw food, periodic fasting, and a warm dry climate."
- The Fasting Diet: A medically sound way to relieve common ailments, such as allergies and digestive complaints, Steven Bailey, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2002 - 176 pages, "Dr. Ehret recommended that people follow a mucusless diet for up to two years before attempting a water fast and also recommended that most people can benefit from drinking a combination of lemon juice and honey during a fast." page 90
- Spira, Prof. Spira Speaks: Dialogs and Essays on the Mucusless Diet Healing System, Columbus; Breathair Pub., 2013 at mucusfreelife.com http://www.mucusfreelife.com/spira-speaks-ebook/
- Postom Do Zdravlja, Waldhausen Verlag/Natura Viva Verlags GmbH, 71256 Weil Der Stadt, Dakovo, 2006, ISBN 953-208-214-X.
- Ljekovita Hrana Bez Sluzavosti, Waldhausen Verlag/Natura Viva Verlags GmbH, 71256 Weil Der Stadt, Dakovo, 2006, ISBN 953-208-218-2.
- Slimfri Diæt - Helbredelsessystemet, BOG: Overs. af Nils Tørsleff og rev. af Ole Ramby og Julia Vøldan, 126 pages. Allerød, 1956.
- Paastumise Abil Haigustest Vabaks. Tõlkinud Tiiu Mikenberg / Ilmumisaeg, Zeus (Tartu), 2007, 95 pages, Liimköide, ISBN 978-9985-9766-4-7.
- Pratique Des Guérisons Par Le Jeûne, Paris: Maloine Publishers, 1937.
- Sante Et Alimentation Naturelle, Quebec: Éditions Le Comensal, 1922. ISBN 2-9802995-0-2.
- Santé Et Alimentation Naturelle, Montreal: Éditions Le Commensal, 1922. Revised 1992.
- Santé Et Guérison Par Le Jeûne, Paris: Aryana Publishers, 1963. Synthesis. Revised 1977. Traduction Française (Résumée)
- Così Parla Lo Stomaco: Entro Germinativo Di Tutte Le Malattie. La Tragedia Della Nutrizione Umana. Salute e spiritualità., Italy: Jupiter Consulting, 2009.
- Digiuno Razionale Per Il Ringiovanimento Fisico, Mentale & Spirituale, Italy: Jupiter Consulting, 2007.
- Il Sistema Di Guarigione Della Dieta Senza Muco, Italy: La Cassandra, 2005. ISBN 978-88-901848-9-5.
- Il Sistema Di Guarigione Della Dieta Senza Muco, Italy: Jupiter Consulting, 2007
- La Dieta Senza Muco, Italy: La Cassandra, 2007.
- Mucusless Diet Healing System(Norwegian), New York: ELPC Inc.
- Slimfri Diett Helbredelses System, Norway: Tore Lund, 1946, 112 pages.
- Slimfri Diett Helbredelses System, Norway: Tore Lund, 1933, 174 pages, 4th edition.
- Racjonalna Głodówka W Celu Fizycznego, Umysłowego I Duchowego Odmłodzenia, przeł. z ang. Ignacy Sieradzki. Poznań: Centrala Usługowo-Wytwórcza "Różdżkarz", 1983.
- Lechenie Golodom I Plodami, Editors: N. Milishnikov & V. Anofriev, Russia: Valeri Publishers, 1990.
- "Lechenie Golodom I Plodami, N. Milishnikov & V. Anofriev, Russia: Valeri Publishers, 1915.
- Lechenie Golodom I Plodami, N. Milishnikov & V. Anofriev, Russia: Valeri Publishers, 1990.
- Ljekovita Hrana Bez Sluzavosti. Preveo(la): Božidar Brezinščak Bagola. ISBN 953-208-218-2.
- Ayuno Racional Para El Rejuvenecimiento Fisico, Mental y Espiritual, Buenos Aires: Editorial Kier, 1939, 1954, 1970, 1972, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1987, 1990, 1994, 2006. 
- Deseen Aprender Como Conservar Su Salud, California: ELPC, 1924.
- En Forma Fisica A Traves De La Dieta Superior Y El Ayuno, Ed. M. Martinez, Spain, 1999. Compendium by Ehret, Hirsch & Mitchell: Así Nos Habla El Estomago, El Camino Hacia La Regeneracion: Generando Fuerza Y Efficiencia Corporal, En Forma Fisica A Traves De La Dieta Superior Y El Ayuno, La Cura Definitiva Para La Constipacion Cronica, La Dieta En Su Aspecto Fisico, Espiritual, Mental Y Religioso, La Vida Es Una Tragedia De Nutrición, Limpieza Interna, Mi Camino Hacia la Salud Y La Felicidad, Salud Y Felicidad Por El Ayuo, Superar El Estreñimiento De Forma Natural.
- Metodo Cientifico Practico De Curar Por Medio De Dieta De, Alimentos Que No Produzcan Mucosidades: Un Curso Completo Para Todos Aquellos Que Deseen Aprender Como Conservar Su Salud, New York: ELPC Inc, 1924, 169 pages.
- Sistema Curativo Por Dieta Amucosa Metodo Cientifico Alcanzar La Salud A Traves De La Dietma, New York: ELPC Inc.
- Sistema Curativo Por Dieta Amucosa: Un Curso Completto Para Arquellos Que A Pender Como Controlar Su Salud (Traducido del ingles por Enrique Flax y J. J. Barrenechea), Buenos Aires: Editorial Kier, 1944, 1954, 1970, 1973, 1977, 1981, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2006.
- Sifali Besinler Ve Mukussuz Sifa Diyeti, Turkey: Im Yayin Tasarim, ISBN 978-975-7270-13-3.
- Oruçla Yeniden Sağlığa Kavuşma Ve Gençleşme, Turkey: Istanbul, 2001. Translated by Gülcan Arsla. ISBN 975-7270-12-1.
- Arnold Ehret Official U.S. Site
- Arnold Ehret Publishing Site
- Arnold Ehret Italian Site
- Breathairean Ensemble
- Arnold Ehret Russian Site
Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.
Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.Script error: The module returned a value. It is supposed to return an export table.