Arnold Freiherr von Biegeleben
|Arnold Freiherr von Biegeleben|
|Born||16 April 1883|
|Died||11 October 1940(aged 57)|
|Commands held||6th Infantry Division|
|Battles/wars||Battle of France|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Arnold Freiherr von Biegeleben (16 April 1883 – 11 October 1940) was a German general during World War II who commanded the 6th Infantry Division. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. Biegeleben died of a heart attack on 11 October 1940.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (14 September 1914) & 1st Class (3 March 1916)
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords (24 November 1917)
- Grand Officer Cross of the Order of St Alexander (15 September 1936)
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 1st to 4th Class (2 October 1936)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (6 October 1939) & 1st Class (30 October 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 5 August 1940 as Generalleutnant and commander of 6th Infantry Division
- Thomas & Wegmann 1992, p. 19.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 113.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz; Wegmann, Günter (1992). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil III: Infanterie Band 2: Bi–Bo [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part III: Infantry Volume 2: Bi–Bo] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-1734-3.
General der Pioniere Walter Kuntze
|Commander of 6th Infantry Division
1 March 1938 - 11 October 1940
Generalleutnant Helge Auleb