Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
|Arnold Palmer Regional Airport|
|IATA: LBE – ICAO: KLBE – FAA LID: LBE|
|Owner||Westmoreland County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||1,199 ft / 365 m|
Arnold Palmer Regional Airport (IATA: LBE, ICAO: KLBE, FAA LID: LBE) is a public airport two miles southwest of Latrobe and about 33 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. It is owned by the Westmoreland County Airport Authority and was formerly Westmoreland County Airport.
Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 18,946 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 15,482 in 2009 and 6,978 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport based on enplanements in 2008 (more than 10,000 per year), but it qualifies as a non-primary commercial service airport based on enplanements in 2010.
The airport was served by Northwest Airlink, as a reliever for Pittsburgh International Airport on the other side of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. The airport also had regional service by US Airways to Pittsburgh International Airport, until the company's bankruptcy. Northwest/Delta ended its daily service to Detroit on July 31, 2009 due to low yields.
In February 2011 Spirit Airlines launched seasonal service to Fort Lauderdale and Myrtle Beach. In January 2012, Spirit announced they would start service to Orlando on May 17. Spirit Airline has incrementally grown passenger traffic and destinations every year since. Spirit now serves 5 destinations from Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, and has increased passenger traffic from 6,978 in 2010, to 355,910 in 2015.
Facilities and aircraft
In 2011 the airport had 25,579 aircraft operations, average 70 per day: 76% general aviation, 15% air taxi, 6% military, and 3% airline. 148 aircraft were then based at the airport: 42% single-engine, 38% multi-engine, 15% jet, and 5% helicopter.
The airport has a terminal building with one baggage claim. Parking is free. Fixed-base operators (FBOs) on the field include L.J. Aviation and Vee Neal Aviation.
Airlines and destinations
|Spirit Airlines||Fort Lauderdale, Orlando–MCO
Seasonal: Fort Myers, Myrtle Beach, Tampa
- FAA Airport Master Record for LBE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LBE: Latrobe / Westmoreland County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arnold Palmer Regional Airport.|
- Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, official site
- Arnold Palmer Regional Airport at Pennsylvania DOT Bureau of Aviation
- Fixed-base operators: Vee Neal Aviation and L.J. Aviation
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective July 21, 2016
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LBE, effective July 21, 2016
- Resources for this airport: