Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Campus||Urban 11 acres (0.45 km²)|
The Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, formerly known as the Brooklyn College of Pharmacy, is a graduate school of Long Island University (LIU)'s Brooklyn Campus. Founded in 1886, it is one of the oldest pharmacy schools in the United States today. It became affiliated with LIU in 1929, and was fully merged into LIU in 1976.
A fundraising campaign was begun so the school could be recognized as a degree granting institution. They began their first formal course of instruction on October 1, 1891. At first, it was a one year certificate program but with recognition, it became a two year Pharmacy Graduate degree.
Students attended lectures in a two-room apartment at 399 Classon Avenue. The kitchen was a laboratory and the parlor was the lecture hall. Among the members of the first class was William D. Anderson, Ph.G. who became the third dean of the College.
In 1929, they moved to 600 Lafayette Avenue, which included a gymnasium where the school’s intercollegiate basketball team played.
Current Dean: John M. Pezzuto 
- Dean Stephen M. Gross, Ed.D.
- William D. Anderson 
- 1892: 399 Classon Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
- 1903: 265-271 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
- 1929: 600 Lafayette Avenue, n, NY 
- 1976: LIU, University Plaza, (Dekalb Avenue and Flatbush Avenue), Brooklyn, NY 
Programs and degrees
- Pharm.D 
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutics
- M.S. in Pharmaceutics - Cosmetic Science
- M.S. in Pharmaceutics - Industrial Pharmacy
- M.S. in Drug Regulatory Affairs
- M.S. in Pharmacology & Toxicology
M/F 40/60 male to female Total Students = 300
- "Pharmacy History". LIU Pharmacy. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "About". The Pharmacy Museum of the Schwartz College of Pharmacy. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "World-Renowned Researcher Dr. John Pezzuto Appointed Dean of LIU Pharmacy - Long Island University". Liu.edu. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Pharmacy History - LIU". Liu.edu. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Building of the Day: 600 Lafayette Avenue". Brownstoner.com. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "History - Long Island University". Liu.edu. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-30. Retrieved 2016-03-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a university or college in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Brooklyn school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|