The early pioneer work was done at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, together with John von Neumann. His areas of research included free and thermally driven circulations, frontogenesis, and shear and gravitational–acoustic wave propagation in stratified media. Eliassen received the Carl-Gustaf Rossby Research Medal in 1964 for his many important contributions to dynamical meteorology. He received the Balzan Prize in 1996 "For his fundamental contributions to dynamic meteorology that have influenced and stimulated progress in this science during the past fifty years".
- "Arnt Eliassen". Store norske leksikon.
- Øyvind Grøn. "Arnt Eliassen". Norsk biografisk leksikon.
- Bratseth, Arne. "Arnt Eliassen". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- "Anton Eliassen". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Arnt Eliassen 75 år 9. september" (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 22 August 1990.
||This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (April 2014) (|
|This article about a Norwegian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|