Arp Independent School District
|Arp Independent School District|
|101 Toney Dr.
ESC Region 7
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||84.48 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.51 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
The late Everett Doerge, a Louisiana state representative from Webster Parish from 1992 to 1998, began his teaching career in Arp about 1960. So did his wife and legislative successor, Jean M. Doerge of Minden, Louisiana.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $369,413,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.023 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Unacceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in four schools.
- Regular instructional
- Arp High School (Grades 9-12)
- Arp Junior High (Grades 6-8)
- Arp Elementary School (Headstart & Grades PK-5)
- JJAEP instructional
- Smith County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Arp High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Arp High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Arp ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Arp High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.