|First appearance||More Fun Comics #73 (November 1941)|
|Created by||Mort Weisinger (writer)
George Papp (artist)
|In story information|
|Element of stories featuring||Green Arrow|
The Arrowcar (or Arrow-Car) is a specially designed arrow-shaped automobile used by the DC Comics superhero Green Arrow and his sidekick Speedy. The Arrow-Car debuted in More Fun Comics #73 (November 1941), and was created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp.
The design and function of the Arrow-Car was similar to that of Batman's Batmobile. The Arrow-Car (inexplicably called "the Arrow-Plane" in the beginning) was introduced during the time when Green Arrow comics mostly followed a similar formula as Batman (sans the depth and tragedy). However, it was in use for many years and there were several versions of it, all with various upgrades and re-designs.
After Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) lost his fortune, the Arrow-Car became too expensive to keep. Various wrecks of the cars became highly prized among collectors of super-memorabilia, such as the Arrow-Car once destroyed during a fight between Green Arrow, Arsenal, and Solomon Grundy. When a fully functional Arrow-Car went on the auction block for sale, criminal elements bought it and wanted to use it for their own purposes. For instance the criminal Scavenger claimed it for his weapon collection, but Batman bought it on Green Arrow's behalf. However, once it broke down on the way back to Star City after picking it up, Green Arrow decided to destroy it after all, using the same detonator he used the first time, but this time knowing it would work since he had had it fixed by Superman.
In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Arrow-Car is seen as the car Green Arrow uses in the episode "Hail the Tornado Tyrant!".
- "The Unofficial Arrow-Car Biography". Dcuguide.com. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- Bob Hughes. "GreenArrow". Supermanartists.comics.org. Archived from the original on 2011-05-27. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Green Arrow Vol 3 18 - DC Comics Database". Dcdatabaseproject.com. 2009-05-06. Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- Jason Brice (2003-12-22). "Green Arrow #33 Review - Line of Fire Reviews - Comics Bulletin". Archived from the original on 2007-10-23. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- DCU Guide: Arrow-Car
- DC Database: Arrowcar
- Megomuseum: Playsets and Vehicles - The Arrowcar
- Spider-bob.com: Arrowcar
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|