Arroz chaufa also known as Arroz de chaufa (Chinese rice) is a Peruvian fried rice dish. It is a chifa style dish, a mix of Peruvian and Chinese cuisine. It consists of a mix of fried rice with vegetables, usually including Chinese onions, eggs, and meat, quickly cooked at a high flame, often in a wok with soy sauce and oil. It is highly influenced by Chinese cuisine due to the influx of Chinese immigrants to Peru. In Ecuador, a similar dish is known as Chaulafan.
Dark soy sauce is preferred for use with Peruvian fried rice. Meats typically used are usually pork, beef, chicken, and shrimp.
Some exotic versions are made with dried meat, beef tongue, alligator or lizard in place of traditional meats. In some regions the rice is replaced with quinoa or pearled wheat while in others, rice is mixed with noodles.
- Arroz chaufa with chicken
- Arroz chaufa with beef
- Arroz chaufa with pork
- Arroz chaufa "airport"
- Arroz chaufa "wild"
- Arroz Chaufa with duck
- Arroz chaufa with jerky
- Arroz chaufa with tongue
- Arroz chaufa with seafood
- Arroz chaufa with fish
- Arroz chaufa with alligator or lizard
- Arroz chaufa "special"
- Arroz chaufa "Taypa"
- It is possible to adapt the recipe with other grains:
- Chaufa of Quinua
- Chaufa of wheat
The dish is accompanied by soy sauce and/or an aji-based cream.
- Arroz chaufa Peru Recipes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arroz chaufa.|
- Rodríguez Pastor, Humberto (2008). «Gastronomía chino-cantonesa y el chifa peruano». Gaceta Cultural del Perú (32).
- Zapata Acha, Sergio (Nov. 2006). Diccionario de gastronomía peruana tradicional (1 edición). Lima, Peru: Universidad San Martín de Porres. ISBN 9972-54-155-X.
- León, 2007, pp.134-136
- Agencia Andina de Noticias (Nov. 7). «Con feria gastronómica promueven consumo de pescado en Cajamarca» (Web).
- Miranda, Luis (2008). «Probando la amazonía». Gaceta Cultural del Perú (32).
- Agencia Andina de Noticias (Dec. 23). «Beneficiarias ancashinas de Juntos ganan concurso ¡San Marcos con Mucho Gusto!» (in Spanish) (Web).
|This cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|