This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arsames at Sikkim Metal Fest. India 2010
|Members||Ali Madarshahi - Vocals
Saeed Mokari - Bass
Soroush Kheradmand - Drums
Arsames is a Persian Metal band from Mashhad, Iran. It was originally formed in 2002 by Ali Madarshahi. Arsames has had many line-up changes; vocalist and first drummer Ali Madarshahi is the only original member remaining. The origin name of the band, Arsames, derives from the name of one of the kings of Persian empire during the Achaemenid dynasty.
Arsames originally formed in winter of 2002. They recorded their debut single "Adiposere" in 2005 in their home studio which was in the style of 6&8 death metal. In 2006 they released an unsigned studio album (Cyclopia) digitally.
In 2007, Malaysian documentary-maker Zan Azlee interviewed the band as part of I'm Muslim Too!, a documentary on youth in the Middle East.
In April 2010 they played at Metal Asylum in Dubai. Arsames released their first album, Immortal Identity, containing eight tracks. In November, Arsames played in a metal festival named 'Sikkim Fest' in India.
In July 2011, Arsames announced that they will release a cover EP, entitled Persian Death Metal Tribute to Warriors Of Metal through the summer of 2011. ARSAMES has released a new video for “Immortal Identity” song on 2 September.[year missing] The video was directed by Sorena Afkham o Shoara, and was produced by Ali Madarshahi.
- Ali Madarshahi – Vocals
- Amirhossein Nafarie - Guitar
- Saeed Mokari - Bass
- Soroush Kheradmand – Drums
- Morteza Shahrami - Guitar
- Saeed Shariat - Drums
- Ahmad Tokalou - Guitar
- Hamed "Fetusgrinder" Azizi – Vocals
- Hamid Yousefi Faverani – Guitar
- Hamid Alizadeh – Guitar
- Ali Sanaei – Bass guitar
- Rouzbeh Zourchang – Bass guitar
Immortal Identity (2010)
- "Band braves ban for a blare – Iran metal musicians to rock Gangtok on Sunday", The Telegraph (Kolkata), 20 November 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2011
- Georgina Enzer (25 March 2010). "Arsames: 'We have to stay and fight for it'". Gulfnews. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- Vince DiMaggio (November 2008). "Arsames Interview" (Digital). MetalStormMag. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- Wilkinson, James (2010) "Iranian metal", Time Out Dubai, 30 March 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2011
- Johan, Rizal (28 September 2008). "A zeal for telling people's stories". The Star. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Arsames – a profile; 20 November 2010 [Retrieved 2010.01.17].
- "ARTIST OF THE MONTH : ECCENTRIC PENDULUM". 11 October 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "Arsames Posts Teaser For Covers EP, "Persian Death Metal Tribute To Warriors of Metal"". 13 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "ARSAMES To Release EP Featuring AMON AMARTH, KREATOR, CARCASS, SEPULTURA Covers; Trailer Online". 13 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.