Arsenal Book Festival
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021)
The International Arsenal Book Festival takes place annually in spring in Kyiv, Ukraine. It is a nationwide event founded by Mystetskyi Arsenal and was first held from May 28 to June 1, 2011, being curated by Olha Zhuk.
The Arsenal Book Festival is a fair intended for artists and writers. It is reported that more than 150 Ukrainian publishers attend yearly for presentations, and that more than 500 writers and artists of different disciplines from over 50 countries have attended.
Beginning in 2017, organizers have selected an intended theme for entries to focus on and discuss.
In 2018, the theme "The Project of Future" was chosen and the festival was curated by Vira Baldyniuk.
In 2019 the theme "Neighborhood: Open Discussion" was chosen and the festival was curated by Vira Baldyniuk.
The theme "Optimist Skeptics" was chosen for the 2020 festival to be curated Rostyslav Semkiv. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 10th festival was postponed until May 26 through 30th of 2021.
- "Книжковий Арсенал" відвідали 57 тисяч людей. ТСН.ua (in Ukrainian). 2019-05-30. Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "Є ще книжки в "Арсеналі"! (нотатки про Перший міжнародний книжковий фестиваль)". Література. Сучасна українська література. Всеохопний літературний портал (in Ukrainian). Archived from the original on 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "The International Book Arsenal Festival". Retrieved 15 March 2021.
- "«Книжковий Арсенал оголосив тему і кураторів". YourArt (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 2019-12-29.
- "THE 10th INTERNATIONAL BOOK ARSENAL FESTIVAL IS POSTPONED TILL 2021". Арсенал. Retrieved 2021-03-18.