Arsenal Firearms AF2011A1
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Standard model AF2011A1 chambered in .45 ACP with fully loaded double magazine.
|Place of origin||Italy|
|Unit cost||$4,799 - $7,224 USD |
|Weight||1.85 kg for Standard
2.00 kg for Dueller
|Length||220 mm for Standard
260 mm for Dueller
|Barrel length||125 mm for Standard
165 mm for Dueller
|Action||Short recoil operation|
|Feed system||Two 8 round detachable box magazines attached to a single base plate|
The Arsenal Firearms AF2011-A1 is a double barreled, semi-automatic pistol of Italian origin. The weapon is a derivative of the M1911 pistol and the majority of internal parts including the firing pins, firing pin plates, sear groups, springs, recoil rods and mainspring housings are interchangeable with standard M1911 replacement parts. The purpose of the AF2011A1 pistol is to increase the ballistic capability of the .45 ACP round at a lower cost[clarification needed]. The AF2011A1 has its roots in the Grieco pistol that also came with double barrels for the same purpose.
The AF2011-A1 Double Barrel Pistol comes actually as the very first industrial double barrel semiautomatic pistol of all times. The original idea came about ten years back to Swiss armourer Vivian Mueller, who at the time experienced cutting and welding together multiple parts of the famous Sig P210: the result was a long slide, double barrel 9mm, highly decorated collector piece, which indeed shot very well. Our idea took the challenge further: to commemorate the legendary Colt 1911-A1 in the Centenary by making a true industrial market-ready double barrel .45 caliber pistol. We achieved success in the brief span of 6 months, after intense and round-the-clock 3D designing, stereolithographic modeling and parts machining.— Arsenal Firearms AF2011 Description
The AF2011-A1 is double barreled pistol based on the design of the M1911. It is practically two M1911 pistols built into a single side-by-side frame. Its barrels, triggers, magazines, and hammers all come in pairs, and are connected together so that pulling on one trigger would fire both barrels. The iron sights sit between the two barrels.
The available cartridges for the AF2011-A1 are:
- .45 ACP
- .38 Super
As of September 2015 the AF2011 was available in three variants:
- Standard Model: A double barreled pistol based on the M1911.
- Dueller: Has a 6.5 inch SUS416 stainless steel barrel, serrated slide, magnum beavertailed grip and custom trigger set.
- Dueller Prismatic: Has top external compensators, 45° side ambidextrous brake ports, 6.5 inch SUS416 stainless steel barrel, serrated slide, custom trigger set, magnum beavertailed grip safety and G10 tactical grips.
In popular culture
The AF2011A1 Dueller Prismatic is seen in the 2015 James Bond film Spectre. In the film the villain Mr. Hinx is shown firing the weapon at Mr. Bond's plane leaving two distinct bullet holes in its side. Arsenal Firearms supplied five weapons which had to be specially modified to fire movie-blank rounds. Also, the AF2011A1 is seen dual-wielded by Milla Jovovich as Alice in the trailer of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. In S3E19 of Gotham (TV series), Detective James Gordon is shown reloading the AF2011A1 while conversing with Harvey Bullock in the GCPD.
In May 2015 American professional speed and competition shooter Jerry Miculek uploaded a video of himself firing two .45 ACP AF2011A1 pistols simultaneously. In the video, Miculek can be seen firing 20 rounds in 1.5 seconds. The video quickly went viral and was featured in a number of firearms and general news publications. As of September 2016 the video has generated over 5.5 million views making it the most viewed video in Miculek's YouTube channel.
The AF2011A1 is featured in the videogame Killing Floor 2, as a perk weapon for the Gunslinger. The game already has the original M1911 pistol, making the player able to dual wield both the single barrel and double barrel versions for "a total of 6 M1911".
- International Firearm Corporation (Exclusive U.S. Importer of Arsenal Firearms)
- Arsenal Firearms (official website) Archived November 10, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- AF-2011 Double Barrel Pistol Facts and Specs
- Automatic pistol. US 1202707 A
- "AF2011-a1 double barrel PiStol | Arsenal Firearms". www.arsenalfirearms.com. Archived from the original on 2015-11-10. Retrieved 2015-11-10.
- Ian McCollum. "Arsenal AF2011: A Double Barreled 1911 Monster Pistol". Forgotten Weapons. Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- "Spectre trailer: watch the first full-length trailer for the new James Bond film". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. 21 July 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Arsenal Firearms Official Supplier of the New OO7 Movie 'SPECTRE'". Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Double Barreled 1911 pistol quad wield rapid fire! 20 rounds in 1.5 seconds in SlowMo| AF2011 (4K)
- "Miculek's quad-wielded 1911 super slo-mo redux". Guns.com. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Jerry Miculek YouTube Channel
|This firearms-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|