|Traded as||RCUS.BR on the Brussels Stock Exchange|
|Industry||Healthcare services and products|
|Predecessor||Omega Pharma (Professional health division)|
|Europe, South America and the United States|
Number of employees
Arseus NV is a publicly traded multinational group of companies governed by Belgian law. Its registered office is located in Waregem, Belgium, and its headquarters is located at Rotterdam, Netherlands. Arseus was formerly the Professional Health Division of Omega Pharma, and became an independent entity via an IPO on October 5, 2007 and has been listed on NYSE Euronext Brussels and NYSE Euronext Amsterdam since then. Its share is included in the BEL MID-index and the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX). The operational activities of the Arseus group are driven by the Dutch company Arseus BV. The head office of Arseus BV is located in Rotterdam (the Netherlands). Since January 2015, the Group has been renamed Fagron.
Arseus supplies products and services to professionals and institutions in the healthcare sector in Europe, the United States, Brazil and Argentina. The company comprises four company divisions:
- Fagron supplies products for pharmaceutical drug compounding to hospitals and pharmacists. This division also sells products under the Fagron brand name.
Fagron was founded in Rotterdam (the Netherlands) in 1990 by Ger van Jeveren, the current CEO of the Fagron Group. Fagron is currently active in 29 countries in Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. Fagron products are sold to 150,000 customers in over 55 countries around the world. With 1,500 employees, Fagron generated a turnover of US$ 400 million in 2012.
Pharmaceutical compounding - the creation and dispensing of tailor-made medications - is the root of the pharmacy profession often symbolised by the mortar and pestle. Compounding allows the pharmacist to work with the patient and the prescriber to customise medication to meet the patient’s specific needs. It regularly happens, for example, that patients need their medication in a dosage form or strength that is not available or that patients are allergic to an ingredient. In such situations, pharmaceutical compounding provides a tailor-made solution for the patient.
- Arseus Dental supplies dental products such as cameras and dental x-rays to dentists and dental laboratories in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany and Switzerland.
- Arseus Medical supplies medical and surgical products to specialists, elderly homes, homecare nurses and hospitals in Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Corilus supplies software applications for the management of medical records, medical tests and other aspects of information technology used in healthcare, for medical specialists in Belgium, the Netherlands and France.
- "Results: Arseus, Banc of America, Sony Ericsson, Mattel, Volkswagen" (in Dutch). De Standaard (Netherlands). April 16, 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Turnover Arseus rises as expected with 10 percent" (in Dutch). HLN.be. January 15, 2008. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus realizes during second quarter revenue growth of 10.6 percent" (in Dutch). De Standaard (Netherlands). July 13, 2009. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV's Subsidiary To Acquire Pharma Cosmetics In Poland-Hugin". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Acquires Devroe Instruments". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Acquires Pharma Nostra; Raises FY 2011 Profit Outlook-DJ". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Acquires Brazilian DEG-Hugin". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Receives Takeover Approach-Reuters". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Opens Fagron Branch In Argentina-DJ". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV's Corilus Division Signs Contract With Lloydspharma-Tijd". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Announces FY 2011 Dividend Payment". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Arseus NV Reconfirms Outlook For FY 2010 Turnover Growth-Hugin". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-05-20.