||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2008)|
His work is in public collections in France, Spain, and the United States (Rose Museum, at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts; Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Conn.; Anchorage Museum of History and Art, Anchorage, Alaska). He was also the subject of a short CNN film, "An American Sculptor in Paris" (1995) . The French government has honored him by inducting him as a "Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres" , the French equivalent of induction into the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
Concern with sculptural monumentality and architecture
As a sculptor whose works are frequently large and created for public, architectural settings, Brenner wrote a 1971 article for Leonardo magazine (MIT Press)  entitled "Concerning Sculpture and Architecture", in which he observes that "the monumental scale of modern sculpture... has quickly moved sculpture from the private to the public sector, that is toward a renewal of its relation with architecture." He also notes that "It has been argued that modern architecture by its very nature, its functionalism and purity, has little need for sculpture." Rejecting this analysis, he nevertheless acknowledges that the aesthetic values of modern architecture do require a careful approach to the use of monumental sculpture in conjunction with modern buildings, and that "architects should engage sculptors as essential members of a team" (p. 99).
- "Art Brenner (1924 - 2013)". Peyton Wright Gallery. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Art Brenner; Galerie Lucien Durand. Art Brenner, Galerie Lucien Durand ... Paris ... du 2 mai au 27 mai 1967 ...  (Paris, Galerie L. Durand, 1967) OCLC 64070181
- U.S. Centre culturel américain, Paris. Trois américains : Art Brenner, Robert Colescott, Elaine Hamilton.- Exposition à Paris, Centre culturel américain, 26 février-26 mars 1969  [exhibition catalogue in French] (Paris, Centre culturel américain, 1969) OCLC 38695859
- Art Brenner. "Concerning Sculpture and Architecture" [journal article] Leonardo, Volume 4, pp. 99–107, MIT Press (originally Pergamon Press, London), 1971 (printed in Great Britain).
- artbrenner.com [personal website of the artist with color image]
- Askart.com pages on Art Brenner [with color image]
- BMG Art, Australian contemporary art gallery, pages on Art Brenner [with color images of sculptures]
- Artnet.com pages on Art Brenner [with auction records and color images]
- Findartinfo.com auction record for Art Brenner gouache painting [with color image]
- European Art Network (Euran.com)
- JSTOR link to article "Concerning Sculpture and Architecture", 1971