Art Deco of the 20s and 30s
|Subject||History of art, Art Deco|
Art Deco of the 20s and 30s is an art history book by English historian Bevis Hillier. It was initially published in 1968 by Studio Vista. The author discusses how the style of cubism, expressionism, Ancient Egyptian art, Mayan art, and so on influenced Art Deco, and how Art Deco itself changed the style of disciplines as various as modern architecture, jewelry, ceramics, tableware, metalwork, glass, textiles, and many others.
- What is Art Deco?
- How Art Deco Developed
- The Interregnum
- Influence of Cubism, Expressionism, Futurism, Vorticism.
- Influence of the Russian Ballet
- Influence of American Indian Art
- Influence of Ancient Egyptian Art
- The Twenties
- The Thirties
- The Arts of Art Deco
- The Revival
- "Art Deco Of The 20s And 30s by Bevis Hillier". Goodreads. goodreads.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Art Deco of the 20s and 30s (Picturebacks)". Amazon.com. amazon.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "ART DECO JEWELRY AND FASHION". levysfinejewelry.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Watson-Smyth, Kate (February 14, 2014). "Paris and the origins of art deco". Financial Times. ft.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- PATTON, PHIL (31 May 2013). "Nashville's Frist Center Shows Off Art Deco Cars". The New York Times. blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Kefford, Ali (1 January 2015). "Winchester author spills the beans on his spat with fellow literary titan AN Wilson". Hampshire Chronicle. hampshirechronicle.co.uk. Retrieved 14 October 2015.