The Art Institute of Las Vegas
|Location||Henderson, NV, USA|
The Art Institute of Las Vegas – is a nonprofit institution owned and operated by Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH), LLC, which offers programs in design, media arts, fashion and culinary arts.
The Art Institute of Las Vegas was founded in 1983 as The Interior Design Institute, and was later known as The Design Institute. It was renamed The Art Institute of Las Vegas in 2001 when it was purchased by Education Management Corporation, which is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Located at 2350 Corporate Circle in Henderson, Nevada, The Art Institute of Las Vegas is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, associate’s degrees, and bachelor's degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. ACICS was stripped of its power to accredit by the US Department of Education in September 2016, effectively placing The Art Institute of Las Vegas in the process of losing its accreditation.
The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Las Vegas (formerly the Culinary Institute of Las Vegas) is a division of The Art Institute of Las Vegas.
The Art Institute of Las Vegas is currently under heightened cash monitoring by the US Department of Education.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, the Art Institute of Las Vegas has an 18% graduation rate and an 18% default rate.
Bachelor of Science Programs
- Audio Production
- Culinary Management
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production
- Digital Photography
- Fashion & Retail Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Game Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Media Arts & Animation
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
- Web Design & Interactive Media
Bachelor of Arts Programs
Associate of Science Programs
- Baking & Pastry
- Culinary Arts
- Drafting Technology with AutoCAD
Associate of Arts Programs
- Fashion Retailing
- Daniel Moore (October 18, 2017). "EDMC completes sale of schools to Dream Center". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Lauren Camera (September 22, 2016). "Education Department Strips Authority of Largest For-Profit Accreditor". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "Heightened Cash Monitoring". Federal Student Aid. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "The Art Institute of Las Vegas". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 7, 2017.