Art Museum Z33
Z33 stands for Zuivelmarkt 33, the former site of the Hasselt Beguinage. Since its acquisition by the Province of Limburg in 1938, the site has fulfilled a cultural function in the city centre in a variety of ways. In 1996, the Provinciaal Museum (Provincial Museum) and the multidisciplinary Centrum voor Kunsten-Begijnhof (Art Centre Beguinage) merged into the Provinciaal Centrum voor Beeldende Kunsten – Begijnhof (PCBK) (Provincial Centre for Fine arts – Beguinage). In 2002 the centre was renamed Z33. Since then, Z33 has exhibited both contemporary art and architecture through thematic projects.
Z33 often uses its smaller experimental spaces to commission site specific works by notable international artists. Holding larger curated exhibitions in its other building 'Vleugel 58'. Since 2002 Z33 has exhibited artists including:
Z33 also organises and coordinates many of the province of Limburg's cultural institutions, such as FLACC Werkplaats voor Beeldende Kunstenaats (Workplace for Visual Arts), CIAP Art Centre, and the Design Platform Limburg.
- Z33 Website - History
- Larry Bells exhibition list Archived March 16, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- 'Alter Nature' exhibition, artist list
- List of exhibitions by Olafur Eliasson
- Frederic Geurts official website Archived March 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- 'Work Now' exhibition, artist list
- FLACC website Archived July 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Manifesta website