Art Production Fund
|Founder||Yvonne Force Villareal|
|Purpose||Commissioning and producing public art projects|
Art Production Fund (APF) is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code that presents public art throughout the United States. It was founded in 2000 by Yvonne Force Villareal and Doreen Remen. As of 2020,[update] it is directed by Casey Fremont.
Select public projects
- Elmgreen & Dragset, “Prada Marfa,” Valentine, TX, 2005-ongoing
- Rudolf Stingel, "Plan B," Grand Central Station, NYC, 2004
- Tim Noble & Sue Webster, "Electric Fountain," Rockefeller Center, NYC, 2008
- David Brooks, Josephine Meckseper, Kiki Smith, "The Last Lot," NYC, 2011-2012
- FriendsWithYou, "Light Cave," NYC, 2014
- Ugo Rondinone, “Seven Magic Mountains,” Las Vegas, 2016-ongoing
- Jeff Koons, “Seated Ballerina,” Rockefeller Center, NYC, 2017
- Zoe Buckman, “CHAMP,” LA, 2018-ongoing
- Raul de Nieves, “When I Look In To Your Eyes I See the Sun,” Miami, 2018-2019
- Lucy Sparrow, “Lucy’s Delicatessen on 6th,” Rockefeller Center, NYC, 2019
- Nancy Baker Cahill, “Liberty Bell”, Selma, AL; Charleston, SC; Washington D.C.; Philadelphia, PA; Rockaway, NY; Boston, MA, 2020
- Vogel, Carol. (2008-11-06) Inside Art - Philippe de Montebello Joins WNET’s ‘SundayArts’. NYTimes.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-04.
- PERFORMA05: ART PRODUCTION FUND Archived October 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. 05.performa-arts.org. Retrieved on 2009-02-04.
- "Art Production Fund Information". Art Production Fund. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Vogel, Carol. (2008-02-21) Electric Fountain - Art - New York Times. Nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-04.
- Colman, David. "An Art World Player With a Warhol Pedigree". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Wilson, Eric. "Little Prada in the Desert". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Yablonsky, Linda. "ART; The Carpet That Ate Grand Central". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Vogel, Carol. "3 Coins Might Short Out This Fountain". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Vogel, Carol. "Museum of Modern Art Reunites Rivera Murals". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Allison, Chelsea. "Uncommon Ground: Josephine Meckseper's New Installation Takes Shape in Times Square". vogue.com. VOGUE.
- Vogel, Carol. "MoMA Plans a 'Garage Sale' for Its Atrium". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Munro, Cait. "FriendsWithYou Builds a Psychedelic Cave in the Meatpacking District". news.artnet.com. Artnet News.
- Kennedy, Randy. "Building an Artist's 'Magic Mountains' to Draw Visitors to the Desert". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- "Jeff Koons introduces his new 30 Rock sculpture 'Seated Ballerina'". today.com. The Today Show.
- Sheets, Hilarie M. "In Hollywood, Another Sign of Women Punching Back". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Colman, David. "All the Pretty Horses! A Carousel at Art Basel". nytimes.com. The New York Times.
- Cascone, Sarah. "See the Adorable New Grocery Store in Rockefeller Center, Where Everything Is Art—and It's All on Sale for as Little as $5". news.artnet.com. Artnet News.
- Colman, David. "'Liberty Bell' Tolls for Sites Where History is Alive and Kicking". nytimes.com. The New York Times.