This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- For the musical project of Jonny White, see Art Department (DJ duo)
Art department in filmmaking terms means the section of a production's crew concerned with visual artistry. Working under the supervision of the production designer and/or art director, the art department is responsible for arranging the overall look of the film (i.e. modern/high-tech, rustic, Victorian, etc.) as desired by the film director. Individual positions within this department include: production designer, art director, assistant art director, storyboard artist, concept artist, draftsman, art department coordinator, set decorator, set dresser, makeup artist, painter, property master, leadman, swing gang, production buyer, Film sculptor, and property assistant.
- "MGM Back Lot". Archived from the original on 2015-07-06. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- cinearchitecture.com Art department of a Hollywood studio[permanent dead link]
- The Art Direction Handbook for Film, By Michael Rizzo
- Production Design & Art Direction, By Peter Ettedgui
|This article related to film or motion picture terminology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|