|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Martial Simondant|
|14.15 km2 (5.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||364–507 m (1,194–1,663 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Artasiens or Artasiennes
Artas is located some 20 km east by north-east of Vienne and some 8 km south of Villefontaine. Access to the commune is by the D53 road from Charantonnay in the west passing through the heart of the commune and the village and continuing to Saint-Agnin-sur-Bion in the east. The D126 road comes from Roche in the north through the heart of the commune and crossing the D53 in the village before continuing to Saint-Jean-de-Bournay in the south. Apart from the village there are also the hamlets of Le Barroz, Le Revolet, Cinquin, Radoire, Tarnezieux, and La Petite-Foret. The commune is mainly farmland with scattered forests throughout.
Neighbouring communes and villages
List of Successive Mayors
In 2017 the commune had 1,809 inhabitants.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE|
Sites and monuments
- A Church with two bell towers from the 12th and 19th centuries.
Artas Picture Gallery
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2019". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 29 December 2021.
- Inhabitants of Isère (in French)
- Google Maps
- Artas Official website (in French)
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Artas, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- Artas official website (in French)
- Artas on the National Geographic Institute website (in French)
- Artas on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Artas on the 1750 Cassini Map