Arshak Petrosian and Artashes Minasian (right) at the 2008 Chess Olympiad
|Full name||Artashes Minasian|
21 January 1967|
Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2472 (July 2018)|
|Peak rating||2620 (July 1998)|
Artashes Minasian (sometimes transliterated as Minasyan; Armenian: Արտաշես Մինասյան; born 21 January 1967) is an Armenian chess grandmaster. He won the USSR Chess Championship in 1991 and is a six-time Armenian Chess Champion.
He participated in eight Chess Olympiads] with a record of +23 −12 =28. In 2006 the Armenian team took the first place at the 37th Chess Olympiad. Along with himself, the team consisted of Levon Aronian, Vladimir Akopian, Karen Asrian, Smbat Lputian, Gabriel Sargissian). Minasian won the Armenian Chess Championship six times, in 1990, 1992, 1993, 1995, 2004 and 2006. He also won the final USSR Chess Championship in 1991 and New York open championship in 1998.
In December 2009, he was awarded the title of Honoured Master of Sport of the Republic of Armenia.
- "Olympiad R13 Armenia and Ukraine take Gold". ChessBase. 2006-06-05. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- "All Champions of Armenia". Armchess.am. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "URS-ch58 Moscow 1991". Russian Chess Base. Archived from the original on 5 August 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Sloan, Sam. "Armenians Sweep 1998 New York Open Chess Tournament". Anusha.com. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- "High Titles of Olympic Champions". Armchess. 16 December 2011. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
Notable chess games
- Kateryna Lahno vs Artashes Minasian, 6th Aeroflot Festival 2007, Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation (B18), 0-1
- Artashes Minasian vs Tigran Nalbandian, Armenian Championship 2008, Nimzo-Larsen Attack: Modern Variation (A01), 1–0
- Artashes Minasian vs Loek Van Wely, Philadelphia 1994, Pirc Defense: Byrne Variation (B07), 1-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artashes Minasian.|
- Artashes Minasian player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Grandmaster Games Database – Artashes Minasian
- Artashes Minasian at Chess Olympiads at Olimpbase
- Chessmetrics Player Profile: Artashes Minasian
|This biographical article relating to an Armenian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|