|Country of origin||United States|
|Official website||www.artemisrecords.com[dead link]|
Artemis Records was a New York-based independent record label, founded in July 1999 by Danny Goldberg with Daniel Glass as President, and closed in April 2006. The label was later acquired by E1 Entertainment.
Artemis had a leading share of the U.S. independent label market from 2001 to 2003. It released the last three albums of Warren Zevon's career including the Grammy-winning The Wind, five albums by Steve Earle including his Grammy winner The Revolution Starts Now, as well as gold albums by Kittie, Kurupt and Khia. Artemis also released the triple-platinum album Who Let the Dogs Out by The Baha Men, as well as albums by The Pretenders, Rickie Lee Jones Josh Joplin and Jimmie Vaughan.
As of 2006, Artemis Records was owned by Sheridan Square Entertainment LLC (SSE), an independent music company then based in New York. SSE's label group included Artemis Records, Artemis Classics, Vanguard Classics, Triloka Records, Tone-Cool Records, Ropeadope and Compendia (including Light Records). As well as those listed above, its artists included The Rosewood Thieves. SSE also owned the distribution company Musicrama.
- Baha Men
- Better Than Ezra
- Black Label Society
- Dog Fashion Disco
- Steve Earle
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds
- Jeffrey Gaines
- John Hiatt
- Jaguar Wright
- Rickie Lee Jones
- Josh Joplin Group
- Little Barrie
- Lisa Loeb
- Lollipop Lust Kill
- Murphy's Law
- Alan Parsons
- The Pretenders
- Ruff Ryders
- Stephan Smith
- Jill Sobule
- Jimmie Vaughan
- Peter Wolf
- Warren Zevon
- "Company Overview of Artemis Records Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Update: Targeting Kids". PBS NewsHour. 2000-09-13. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- "Singer Warren Zevon Dies At 56". MTV. 2003-09-08. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- "Steve Earle: The Revolution Starts... Now". PopMatters. 2004-09-01. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Chris Walsh (29 April 2010). "E1 Acquires IndieBlu". Billboard. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "V2 North America and Sheridan Square Entertainment Form New Company". PR Newswire. 23 November 2005. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "Light Records". MyMusicWay.com. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Company Overview of IndieBlu Music Holdings LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 16 November 2012.